Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

RIP Brad aka FastGoat

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a picture of brad from the last dyno day. Those of you that had cameras might even have a better picture then what I had.

Nick
Old 01-17-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

You know I think I met him at the track once, he was there with another guy who had a GTO, but he didn't run at all.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

Went to Brad's house today to pick up a few things left over from some of the upgrades he's done to his car the last couple of years. Nick came along because I was a bit reserved to go alone. He live in West Seattle in a small but nice three story newer home over looking the water. Steep driveway and now I understand why he wanted us to install sheet metal on the bottom of the car where it scraped all the time. His family has asked us to sell the GTO and some of the parts left over. It was kind of creepy as the addresses we were looking at were getting closer to the one we were looking for. I started to get butterflies the closer we got. I backed the truck into the driveway and the garage door open immediately. Standing there was Dan the next door neighbor. He shows us where the stuff was we were to take. I felt like Brad was standing there and I just can't seem to shake the feeling. I'm ok when I'm busy but as soon as I get into the car the mind starts thinking why. Why would somebody so full of life want to take his own life because times got hard? I had talked with him just a few days earlier he was looking to sell the GTO to do some financial reconstructing. I said I would be happy to help. A day later Nick received a email saying the same thing but there was now a price is was asking for the car. Then another a few hours later and yet another little while after that. I didn't think much about it then because Brad was the kind of guy always wanting everything in order. The following Monday he was going to bring the car in to have the transmission installed we had built by Todd at RPM Transmission. When I left work on Friday I notice another email from Brad and I read it and decided I would talk with him Monday when he brought drop the car off. Monday came and Brad never showed. I wondered what was up and asked Nick to call and email to find out what was up. Brad didn't answer the phone or email. We joked that he was MIA and didn't give it much thought for the rest of the day. The next day another shop had called and ask if we had heard from Brad because his car was supposed to be picked up from there shop by him and delivered to us. At that time we started to get worried because there had not been a day since we met him a couple of years ago that we had not heard from him by phone or email. I still wish I would have answer the email that night. RIP Brad, George
Old 01-17-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

I feel for his family's loss. It's a shame for anyone to have to leave us before their time.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had actually just met him in person for the first time before that picture was taken. We were just discussing the GTO and how happy he was since you guys got it taken care of.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Banned

So sad. George and Nick don't beat yourselves up its not your fault. RIP Brad.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Man thats just sad, I remeber seeing that car, man was it nice.... I never got the chance to talk to the guy, wish I would have now. At least said hi, or nice car.

I hope everything turns out ok for the family.

RIP....
Old 01-18-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Thinking of his family and what they are faced with as well.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Perhaps we can put an "RIP Brad" on our windows at the track this year?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crisisman
I'd do that. At least until they throw me out for not having a roll bar.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

its really tragic when this happens. I recently had my landlord decide to end his life and I have spent the last month seeing what this does to families and the people that are left here to deal with the aftermath. I dont know what was going on in his head and in his life that made this decision seem like the right one but I wish nothing but the best to the family .My prayers are with his family.

it is instances like this that make you realize how much one persons actions can touch other people even if you barely know them. I dont know how many of us on this site actually knew him and how many people met him on the dyno day but it is obvious that many of us enjoyed talking with him.

I hope everything goes well for his family
Old 01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

man i know how much this blows for friends and family as i have had a couple buddies do this as wel. one was shortly after i got off leav ean di couldn't afford to buy the tickets to say my last godbye an dthat sucked. but he is at peace now it least. i didn't know him as i was sent down to san dog to roll out with another boat on that dyno day. sounds like a really kick *** guy though. RIP brad
Old 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

It is really sad to hear about things like this, although i never had the chance of knowing him my heart goes out to all that were affected by this.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Crisisman
Im down with that. I am sure nobody from this forum would not mind doing that either.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo Tech
Went to Brad's house today to pick up a few things left over from some of the upgrades he's done to his car the last couple of years. Nick came along because I was a bit reserved to go alone. He live in West Seattle in a small but nice three story newer home over looking the water. Steep driveway and now I understand why he wanted us to install sheet metal on the bottom of the car where it scraped all the time. His family has asked us to sell the GTO and some of the parts left over. It was kind of creepy as the addresses we were looking at were getting closer to the one we were looking for. I started to get butterflies the closer we got. I backed the truck into the driveway and the garage door open immediately. Standing there was Dan the next door neighbor. He shows us where the stuff was we were to take. I felt like Brad was standing there and I just can't seem to shake the feeling. I'm ok when I'm busy but as soon as I get into the car the mind starts thinking why. Why would somebody so full of life want to take his own life because times got hard? I had talked with him just a few days earlier he was looking to sell the GTO to do some financial reconstructing. I said I would be happy to help. A day later Nick received a email saying the same thing but there was now a price is was asking for the car. Then another a few hours later and yet another little while after that. I didn't think much about it then because Brad was the kind of guy always wanting everything in order. The following Monday he was going to bring the car in to have the transmission installed we had built by Todd at RPM Transmission. When I left work on Friday I notice another email from Brad and I read it and decided I would talk with him Monday when he brought drop the car off. Monday came and Brad never showed. I wondered what was up and asked Nick to call and email to find out what was up. Brad didn't answer the phone or email. We joked that he was MIA and didn't give it much thought for the rest of the day. The next day another shop had called and ask if we had heard from Brad because his car was supposed to be picked up from there shop by him and delivered to us. At that time we started to get worried because there had not been a day since we met him a couple of years ago that we had not heard from him by phone or email. I still wish I would have answer the email that night. RIP Brad, George
I understand the "I wish i would have answered the email that night". Some may remember, my ex wife killed herself last Aug and I had talked to her briefly the night before, but had hung up on her driving down the road. Guilt, for sure, but ultimately understand there was nothing I could do. Even so, I really don't understand doing this because of a temp problem? The family really needs our prayers, as I am sure most know. He is in a better place for sure, but damn I feel sick to my stomach... I will also run something on my windshield.
Robert
Old 01-18-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

sad to hear. I think I know the car but never met the guy. was it by chance in kirkland at carb connection for a long time? anyhow my prayers to all affected. RIP
Old 01-19-2008, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ssdriver27
sad to hear. I think I know the car but never met the guy. was it by chance in kirkland at carb connection for a long time? anyhow my prayers to all affected. RIP
Yes. That is the car. I had the opportunity to talk a bit with him at the Dyno day. He seemed to be a very nice guy. i was really glad to hear that George had taken care of him so well with all the problems he had experienced at Carb Conn. It is very sad to hear that he took his own life. I think we all need to remember that none of us is to blame, and all we can do is pray for his family, and hope that he is at peace now.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ssdriver27
They were the company that had installed the first turbo system. They do good work they were just dealing with a proto type turbo system that had'n't been design very well. Car was there for a very long time, think that is why Brad had got so uposet with them.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

So sad to lose a nice guy with a SWEET car. But you're a Hell of a guy & you helped him where you could George. "What might have been" eats at all of us. How much this bothers you proves what kind of person we all think you are.

RIP Brad
Old 01-19-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So do we want to a run a "RIP Brad" banner on our cars? If so, Tom's Racing Parts has a decal making machine. Could have short stick on type, or the plastic temp/removable type, and/or long banners across windshield. Anyway, I could check on having a batch made up if we want to do this?
Robert

Quick Reply: RIP Brad aka FastGoat