Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

PIR anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PIR anyone?

I'm trying to get to the track either friday or saturday night for some street legal action. Anyone else going to be there? I still need a helmet but I think I can pick one one up in Beaverton tomorrow. Plus I have to finish bolting in my seat belt as well Broke my t-45 socket and had to get a new one. Other than that I'm ready to lay down a few passes (n/a) and see how slow I really am. Not gonna even hook the n2o line up until I get the window switch replaced. Like to get the line lock in tomorrow as well. It will only take a few minutes to install, I already ran the wire to the inside of the car, but I could really use one of those power bleeders. I know Tom has one. Maybe I'll visit him and buy lunch.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the weather holds on, I might go out Friday night, but will be on the bike. If you do go, look for a blue/white Suzuki GSXR 1000 and I'll be wearing black and yellow leathers.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:47 AM
Banned

Ok I'm going saturday. Wife has to work tomorrow night. I should know better than to plan anything on a friday night, its a conspiracy to keep away, I know it is. Might have a friends with me on Sat night as well. He has an srt4 that he's done a few mods to. I dont think he thinks he can run with me(or maybe) but it would be good to see what it can do.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just so you know that PIR doesn't allow nitrous on the track or in the car. You have to remove the bottle and leave it at a check station if they find it. I don't knowwhy, I just know that they bitched really loudly about it last time so I packed up and went back home.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

damn hippies that run PIR.

i'm sticking to woodburn.
will probably be out there next weekend
Old 05-20-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know what happened with you, but lots of cars run N20 and they are OK with it as long as you meet all the NHRA safety requirements.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Banned

Well I havent located a helmet I like yet and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate today. I should know better than to say I'm heading to the track knowing I have one thing left to do. I was banking on finding a helmet local, but I should have known better. You never know, might find one to borrow before tonight.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HolyShiznit
Just so you know that PIR doesn't allow nitrous on the track or in the car. You have to remove the bottle and leave it at a check station if they find it. I don't knowwhy, I just know that they bitched really loudly about it last time so I packed up and went back home.
This was probably because you didn't have a vent tube.

BTW I personally believe that we run PIR much better than Woodburn. They will be in quite a situation when somebody gets injured because of what their tech's let slide by.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

wow dude old freakin thread
Old 01-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

haha where the hell did you find this thing
Old 01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Moved here last june and I only got to go to PIR once for the nostalgia drags. Question is are the events listed on the Calendar the only times they do things, or are they open to the public with regular hours of operation. If so, what might those be. Thx.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

PIR is in reference to Portland International Raceway. Given your location, you would be more interested in Pacific Raceways (PR). I believe their website is www.pacificraceways.com and they have a full list of their schedule and ours of operation. They are only open to the public for racing on the scheduled dates and times.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nherbert
Moved here last june and I only got to go to PIR once for the nostalgia drags. Question is are the events listed on the Calendar the only times they do things, or are they open to the public with regular hours of operation. If so, what might those be. Thx.

Pacific Raceways is just minutes from Renton. Bremerton is would be about 50 minutes away and their website is http://www.bremertonraceway.com/

See you there!!

Old 01-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Right on, yeah sorry for the Noob remark to PIR as I did mean to say Pacific raceways. I didn't know about either the portland, or bremerton tracks, but now I do so I might be inclined to check them out. I'm ichin to break my car in as it has yet to see a track, thanks again for the heads up.

Quick Reply: PIR anyone?