Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

F1, LeMans, Bristol, Gator Nats!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1, LeMans, Bristol, Gator Nats!!!

F1's first race of the season, no traction control, no engine braking. gonna be a great season. Three kids are qualified 1, 2, 3. BMW is back. Could be a three mfg race for the constructors championship. Race is tonight at 9pm on speed.

American LeMans is just finishing up it's first race at Sebring.

The high bank short track in Bristol. Not a big fan of nascar anymore but I love Bristol short track bangin.

And to finish it all off, the Gator Nats.

What a great weekend for racing!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rokko
F1's first race of the season, no traction control, no engine braking. gonna be a great season. Three kids are qualified 1, 2, 3. BMW is back. Could be a three mfg race for the constructors championship. Race is tonight at 9pm on speed.

American LeMans is just finishing up it's first race at Sebring.

The high bank short track in Bristol. Not a big fan of nascar anymore but I love Bristol short track bangin.

And to finish it all off, the Gator Nats.

What a great weekend for racing!
The F1 field looks surprisingly close this year. Normally in the first race you can spot the favorites. This time around there are a lot of cars near the front I didn't expect. Let's see if it's just fuel loads or if in fact we have more than a two horse race. I think we will see a lot more contact between cars and obstacles as well due to the TC ban.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

watched qualifing for the nats last night. it was a bumer to see selzi not made the field. It was even beter to some of the number one qualifiers! It is always a wild cut wheb they have Friday rained out.

Pro Stock was looking very close as usual and should have some good races like The profesor and Kj in qualifing making side by side passes for the one and two spots!

It should be a good day for all racing !

BTW Everyone needs to keep an eye out for that old man Mark down in Gainsville
Old 03-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NW94Z
The F1 field looks surprisingly close this year. Normally in the first race you can spot the favorites. This time around there are a lot of cars near the front I didn't expect. Let's see if it's just fuel loads or if in fact we have more than a two horse race. I think we will see a lot more contact between cars and obstacles as well due to the TC ban.
Ferrari sure laid an egg yesterday.

Lots of sliding around. Good to see some younger kids on the podium that are truly happy to be there and don't expect it. Could easily be the most competitive season in a long time. MacLaren looks pretty damned strong this year. MacLaren/Mercedes, Ferrari, BMW and Williams/Toyota are all going to be good this year. Renault could be back if they get squared away with Alonso.

Only 7 of the 22 finished the race. What a goofy day first race.

Next season the FIA is taking away 50% of the cars downforce.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rokko
Ferrari sure laid an egg yesterday.

Lots of sliding around. Good to see some younger kids on the podium that are truly happy to be there and don't expect it. Could easily be the most competitive season in a long time. MacLaren looks pretty damned strong this year. MacLaren/Mercedes, Ferrari, BMW and Williams/Toyota are all going to be good this year. Renault could be back if they get squared away with Alonso.

Only 7 of the 22 finished the race. What a goofy day first race.

Next season the FIA is taking away 50% of the cars downforce.
Ferrari's worst outing on opening day in a very long time. We'll see if they can bounce back. if they do it means they will have a good shot at the title. if they don't it means the vacuum created by the departing of Schumacher, Brawn, and Todt has not been filled. Fingers crossed at least for me.

Renault is a done deal. Just looking at lap times Renault was was over a second behind Dennis's boys and they didn't have to push to hard. Piquet Jr. did not look sharp either. Alonso will be happy.

The lack of TC has certainly spiced up the racing. Starts have a whole new meaning now and overtaking is once again more possible yet even more dangerous. Case in point Kimi. Last year the driver aides may have helped him reign the car in this year straight of the road. I think we will truly see who is a great driver and who is a very good driver. Massa is not looking great either.

Only three days to go before the next round of practice!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:53 AM
10 Second Club

I saw the Corvette boys trailering back from Seabring, how'd they do? I wanted to go but ended up going to Orlando instead to watch my friend run 3/8 oval Unlimited Outlaws. Damn fast 4 cyl cars I'll tell you, very competitive. I miss circle tracks....
Old 03-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I saw the Corvette boys trailering back from Seabring, how'd they do? I wanted to go but ended up going to Orlando instead to watch my friend run 3/8 oval Unlimited Outlaws. Damn fast 4 cyl cars I'll tell you, very competitive. I miss circle tracks....
Finished one and two but then it was only a three horse race in their class. The number 04 car broke a half shaft early on and lost something like 8 laps to the the leader (03 car) and the Aston had an off and then subsequent work behind the pitwall which put it out of contention.

Wish there was more competition in GT1. It's cool to see the Vette's win but when your only racing yourselves it's hard to feel good about it.

Quick Reply: F1, LeMans, Bristol, Gator Nats!!!