Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

any carshows i can be in, in houston???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any carshows i can be in, in houston???

does anyone know of any carshows in houston??? i bought my ls1 2000 trans am 4 months ago and since then i have done a few mods...mostly appearance, new sound system, and a g2 true ram air intake system, and ls1 loudmouth exhaust, pretty much everything else is stock!!! am i worthy to be in carshows? cause i think it would be fun and a great learning experience. car looks great and in near brand new condition. what you think???
Old 05-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Teching In

There is a street meet on Sat. nights Sam's Club Hwy 6 @ I-10! On some nights there are 50- 75 cars.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:43 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch the Texas forum, there's posts about events pretty frequently Got a car show in Pasadena coming up next Saturday, for example. https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members-54/
Old 05-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

SWEET! do you think i could be worthy of one of these car shows??? what does it take to be in one besides the fee???
Old 05-07-2005, 10:19 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Some of the really big shows limit the number of showing-people based on space, some have particular themes you have to fit (classics only, imports only, domestics only, F-bodies only, etc), but AFAIK, for most of 'em all you have to do is sign up, pay any entrance fees (which often goes all to buying lots of plaques/awards, or is donated to a charity), and show up

It helps to make a posterboard with information about your car. And I've heard that at many shows it doesn't matter if your car isn't really special/unique/expensive (so don't worry about not being 'worthy'), instead judges tend to look for thorough cleaning/detailing - check out the Appearance forum for plenty of tips about that: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisp...aysprune=&f=18
Old 05-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ACW
Some of the really big shows limit the number of showing-people based on space, some have particular themes you have to fit (classics only, imports only, domestics only, F-bodies only, etc), but AFAIK, for most of 'em all you have to do is sign up, pay any entrance fees (which often goes all to buying lots of plaques/awards, or is donated to a charity), and show up

It helps to make a posterboard with information about your car. And I've heard that at many shows it doesn't matter if your car isn't really special/unique/expensive (so don't worry about not being 'worthy'), instead judges tend to look for thorough cleaning/detailing - check out the Appearance forum for plenty of tips about that: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisp...aysprune=&f=18
WOW thanks man....your a HUGE help...i would come to the show you mentioned on Sat...but my family and i are going on vacation for a week and a half...but thank you so much for the info...ill keep lookin
~off topic but...are you keeping an eye on me to make sure i dont start any more trouble lol i know it was a little heated about the xbox thing...but iv turned a new leafe lol
Old 05-08-2005, 11:54 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by muscleHud
WOW thanks man....your a HUGE help...i would come to the show you mentioned on Sat...but my family and i are going on vacation for a week and a half...but thank you so much for the info...ill keep lookin
~off topic but...are you keeping an eye on me to make sure i dont start any more trouble lol i know it was a little heated about the xbox thing...but iv turned a new leafe lol
I don't even remember whatever x-box thing you're talking about, I just happen to read a whole lot of threads on here!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ACW
I don't even remember whatever x-box thing you're talking about, I just happen to read a whole lot of threads on here!
hahaha thats funny...ok nevermind i never said anything lol

Quick Reply: any carshows i can be in, in houston???