Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Major Question about True Street Rule @ Clash of Titans

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 01:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Major Question about True Street Rule @ Clash of Titans

When did you put coilovers on?????/ They are talking about the rear suspension only not the front.

225-343-9029
Old 10-15-2002, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MADMAN:
<strong>When did you put coilovers on?????/ They are talking about the rear suspension only not the front.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Still why would rear coil-overs be such a problem?? Edjumacate me!! lol
Old 10-15-2002, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

MADMAN, how fast usually are the winners in true street at the clash of the titans? Just curious if they are really street cars or more of race cars.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Major Question about True Street Rule @ Clash of Titans

Quote from Rulz:
"No Tube Chassis Cars, No Coil overs, No Ladder Bars."

I can understand Tube chassis and Ladder bars being excluded in the True Street race, but WHY ON GODS NAME are they banning Coil-overs?! I run coil-overs on my Daily driven car??!! How are coil-overs lumped together w/Tube Chassis and Ladder Bars??? My god, if I continued to want to race at Clash I'd have to swap my entire suspension back out...

I'm sorry, but I think that is about dumb. Someone please give a rational explaination of what the thought processes for this is!

Sorry to rant, but I don't see how having coil-overs makes your car "Un True Street"...I've got insurance/registration/drive it 100miles everyday w/coil-overs.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Launching!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Slomaro:
<strong>MADMAN, how fast usually are the winners in true street at the clash of the titans? Just curious if they are really street cars or more of race cars.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go to www.theclashofthetitans.com and you might see some info, but I am sure there are some low 9 second shooters running in the 9.99 or faster class.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

Many of the cars running at Clash of the Titans will be slower street cars.

They are making an effort to pit evenly matched cars against eachother in classes slower than 11.00.

Mostly Josey was worrying about my import running there. I need to soften my suspension and get my 60' daown below 1.9s and we were considering coilovers until I mentioned the new rule to him.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Looks like the event is cancelled. Final event will be held at River City Raceway (near San Antonio) on November 16.