Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Musclepalooza Vi....drags

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Musclepalooza Vi....drags

so there i am at musclepalooza for the 2nd time this year. im at lebanon valley dragway in NY. i made a previous post about the event in may and a few pics as well. this time the amount of cars racing was almost double. there were LT1 and LS1 cars in the staging lanes including a 98 B4C car for sale for 5800 bucks. im in the 13.50-14.49 bracket. i just put on the new TSP rumbler cat back last week and expected to run a lil slower as i no longer had my cut out. my previous best was a 13.72@103...first pass 13.90@101. not bad at least it wasnt in the 14s. the next pass of time trials i steps up to a 13.78@102. so im happy its almost at its best pass. i dial up a 13.82 and begin eliminations. it was almost a 40 car field for my bracket alone. im droppin crazylights all day .020-.060 off the line. puttin kids on the trailer left and right even on the brakes a few times so i dont break out. im startin to think i can win this thing. me and my friends start hearin talk in the lanes that other guys dont want to go up against me( a good feeling). so were down to the semi finals , only 8 cars to go. i get an old geezer in a 56 chevy.
i start to stage and get stopped in the middle of my burnout cuz of a track problem. it takes me totally out of my routine. i restart my burn out and i kow it doesnt FEEL as good as it should. i stage anyway. i KILL the tree with a .009 light (personal best) only to watch this 56 walk away on me to the 660 ft mark. i start to repull on him catching up to his front bumper at the finish. LOSING by .100 after bein down a full length and a half. i dont get it? i get my slip and the car ran a 14.01 on a 13.82 dial with a 2.14 short time. totally no where near how it was running all day and previous days. so my bubble was burst...and wasting a killer light at the tree on a loss like that. it was a beautful day and there were cars a plenty that we would drool over. i guess thats why we do this sport.

me at the BURNOUT BOX:

me in the lanes..row 4 and 3rd one in with the black B4C in front of mine.its hard to see but im actually talking to dave dudek from F.A.S.T(on the right side of my car). while looking at his new all stock HEMI road runner that goes 10.80s@130 on 4 inch repro red lines.

Last edited by SMALLBLOCKHERO; 09-03-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

MORE PICS OF THE EVENT

ME AND DAVE DUDEK

Old 09-03-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

UNRESTORE 71 HEMI CUDA!!!!

THE WAGON HAD A SUPERCHARGED 502 AND A 4SPEED!..RUNNIN LOW 11S WITH A FULL INTERIOR AND 2 12" SUBS IN THE BACK