Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Shaved Door Handles: Yay or Nay. Lets see some pics.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do it. it would look very good. oh and cut down on aero. lol
Old 11-16-2008, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
How you going to put gas in? I guess you could fill it up before you shave the filler door!
HEHE That would be the redneck way through it! I want to put the new fill cap in the channel between the weatherstrip and quarter panel up in the corner by the sail panel (where it's at it's widest). I'll use one of those caps that you don't need to remove and also add in a drain hole with a tube going out the bottom of the car in case of overflow. When complete, I'll just have to open the hatch to refuel and since it's outside the weatherstrip, I won't have to worry about the fumes. Not only do I get a clean look, but I also get a 'locked' gas door!

Swat
Old 11-16-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was going to shave my door handles when i shaved my antenna, but the fact that the doors are fiberglass held me back from doing it. didnt want to worry about them cracking later on down the road
Old 11-16-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did mine, pics in sig. I did it for the same reason 1fast filled his key holes, damn thieves. They twisted out my key cylinders, then they tore my handles out. So I turned a bad thing into a good thing, atleast I tried to. It's been several years with no complaints.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by richieg
did mine, pics in sig. I did it for the same reason 1fast filled his key holes, damn thieves. They twisted out my key cylinders, then they tore my handles out. So I turned a bad thing into a good thing, atleast I tried to. It's been several years with no complaints.
that looks great but does anyone have write up on how to do it.

Quick Reply: Shaved Door Handles: Yay or Nay. Lets see some pics.