Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Rear fender is cracking need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear fender is cracking need help

I need some help. There are some spots on both rear quater panels of my car. It is cracking but it looks like it is under the clear. You can see it visibly when the car is in sun light. Is this from not have subframe connectors and the rear of the car flexing? I would post some pics put the car is not at my house right now.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RsSean
I need some help. There are some spots on both rear quater panels of my car. It is cracking but it looks like it is under the clear. You can see it visibly when the car is in sun light. Is this from not have subframe connectors and the rear of the car flexing? I would post some pics put the car is not at my house right now.
Very possible its from chassis flex.

What kind of power/times are you putting down??

The rear quarters can wrinkle from the flex, only thing that prevents it is SFC's, which are a worthwhile investment. Just installed mine, really stiffens up the car.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like the quarters are wrinkling from chassis flex. my 94 got it from not having subframe connectors. best way to go about fixing this is buy subframe connectors and if you really wanna go over the top have a cage put in.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Very possible its from chassis flex.

What kind of power/times are you putting down??

The rear quarters can wrinkle from the flex, only thing that prevents it is SFC's, which are a worthwhile investment. Just installed mine, really stiffens up the car.
who told you that? I had my Umi subframe connectors when I had my whole car smoothed and repainted. I still got the little dimples over the rear wheels.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

Talking about like

and

?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ultraz
who told you that? I had my Umi subframe connectors when I had my whole car smoothed and repainted. I still got the little dimples over the rear wheels.
I've heard that from tons of people. I installed SFC's in my car as well, really stiffened the entire car up nicely.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 4WOFURY
Talking about like

and

?
Thats just seam sealer cracking i doubt thats from body flex. alot of cars the seam sealer crack over time or just shitty sealer like gm uses my car was bone stock and mine cracked
Old 12-26-2008, 01:58 AM
TECH Regular

Ah okay.. If you look at the drivers side though, it doesn't follow along the seam. And neither of them are on the seam directly, just kind of follow it. Anyway, sorry for the threadjack op. Take some pics.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I would not say anymore than 300 to the wheels. Tires I am running are eagle F1 GSD3 315 35 17. I just got my car back from the painter and I will take some pics of it. If they will come out. The painter said that it would be a few hundred dollars to fix both sides.
That is what I was thinking it was the subframes connectors. I already started looking in to the BMR and UMI SFC.I was waiting to see what some other people were thinking.

O wow on the cracking on the white f-body. But I think the same way it is sealer. No big deal scrap it out and lay some new body sealer in there.