Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Have any of you shaved your fuel door?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have any of you shaved your fuel door?

So I am going to get my car painted here in the next few months. The car is a 95 TA and I have a rear bumper with the recessed Trans Am logo shaved. Well, I started thinking of shaving the antenna and possibly the fuel door as well. I have seen it on another car and I rather like the look. I'm not certain if I like the idea of opening my hatch every time I refuel, but I'll decide that later.

What I don't recall is where he relocated his filler cap to. I was curious if any of you guys have done this and, if so, where did you relocate the fuel door.

I don't know how far I want to go with this, but I don't think I want to shave my door handles since I still want to race at the track and I have heard they wont let you. Although, I have seen a 70's nova at the track running with shaved handles.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:01 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got plans to do this this summer after my deployment. Only seen one car that had it done on has Z28 and where he mounted his filler cap was sick.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

i shaved both but i dont ahve pics of it yet since the cars at burkhart. doesnt look all to great either since i have used an filley to smooth everything out. but yeah i ditched the gas tank since this is a full blown race car with an interior for the most part. i have a 5 gallon cell in back with a 7 gallon water tank with built in trans cooler and water pump.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

i think the whole shaving thing is for lowered trucks im not a fan of cars it looks funny or ricey
Old 01-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SRZ
I've got plans to do this this summer after my deployment. Only seen one car that had it done on has Z28 and where he mounted his filler cap was sick.
Where did he mount his filler neck?

This is the car that made me think about this in the first place:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ights-etc.html

He has since sold it, but it looked amazing in person. I have only seen it at night, but it looked black to me in person.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I plan on doing it
Old 01-15-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lowazztruck
i think the whole shaving thing is for lowered trucks im not a fan of cars it looks funny or ricey
i think it just looks the passenger side? i have mine shaved because if i didnt it would be tacked in there and just look like its there. my wheel tubs cut right across the fuel door opening so yeah it serves absolutely no purpose

Quick Reply: Have any of you shaved your fuel door?