Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Not an Fbody.... but my project semi at work... tell me what you think!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not an Fbody.... but my project semi at work... tell me what you think!

Well all week i have been converting a 5th wheel semi into a dry tender truck... I decided to give it a little kick! I only have 1 befor picture and some pictures of my current progress....

Tell me what you think!!!

The only befor picture i have (right after i pulled off the 5th wheel plate)

After painted fenders, bug delflector, sun visor

Putting on the dry tender box after assembling the box and auger

After polishing bumber, grill, steps, exhaust, painting green box stripe blue, assembling and installing/painting fenders

I still have to polish the front wheels, install mud flaps, finish lights/wiring, check the wet kit (hydrolics) for leaks, and take it for a drive then double check box mounting blots/brackets.....

This has been a very big project but im happy with it so far.... what do you guys think this is my first project semi....
Old 08-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Wow no replies yet? I think it looks good. But then again I love vehicles that require a ladder to work on! I would paint the wheels though. Other than that, good job. I really like the car in your sig, that intercooler screams f*** you!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Black&Blue
Wow no replies yet? I think it looks good. But then again I love vehicles that require a ladder to work on! I would paint the wheels though. Other than that, good job. I really like the car in your sig, that intercooler screams f*** you!

Ya i no replies kinda suprised me also... figured i woul dget alot of suggestions... I though about painting the wheels but i think im gonna give them an acid bath and see how that shines them up first.

ya i love the FMIC... hate the license plate right there in the front though but after 4 tickets in a month i finally broke down and mounted it.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a lot of work! Good job. I see the simplot stamped on the side. No **** sitting here at work I can see the stacks at the local simplot across the road. Looks good!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Good work...Im a Kenworth man myself!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Restricted User

thanks for the comments guys!

Heres a few pictures i snapped today.... only have a few more things to finish up!

To bad i dont get to do this for a living! I normally drive the damn things all day...
Old 08-12-2009, 08:55 AM
TECH Regular

looks good
Old 08-14-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks good! damn man, i cant believe they haggle you for your front plate. ive only been pulled over once in my TA, and it was like a week after i bought it for NO plates or in-transit.

btw. you find a motor yet?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by zacht
looks good! damn man, i cant believe they haggle you for your front plate. ive only been pulled over once in my TA, and it was like a week after i bought it for NO plates or in-transit.

btw. you find a motor yet?
Thanks, ya the small town cops are bored all the time i guess....

I gan get a 5.3 for $425 shipped all day long.... I have the money to buy one now just gonna save for a while till i can get everything for the new setup purchased... Going to a frontmount turbo, gonna get rid of some of that lag, and gonna run some meth/water injection.... Trying to find a place to do the swap also.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

ah that sucks, id have a garage if i was home to help you. what front mount kit you going with? one i was interested in is kentucky turbo, or ptk, but they dont make them no more. might need to bust out a welder man...

Quick Reply: Not an Fbody.... but my project semi at work... tell me what you think!