Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

sooo, i'm torn!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sooo, i'm torn!!!!

ok, sooo i got in a lil wreck the other day (1998 Z28) and i am trying to gather all the pieces together off of here and craigslist, however i am having a hard time finding a replacement front bumper, and drivers side fender (along with a bunch of other crap) anyway since i can't find them i am torn between gmpartsdirect (shipping is outrageous) and the ones on ebay, i hear so much crap from stuff offa ebay, but all i read on there is that the quality is "good" and "amazing" ugh, i don't want to get it wrong any input here? i'm trying to piece her back together in a timely fashion.

thanks
Old 12-08-2009, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/ca...lectprice.aspx

is this a better deal than gmpartsdirect?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^i'd probably go with hawksthirdgen

i have used an aftermarket fender for my car. you'd never be able to tell the difference. Heres the deal---A LOT of the people who bash ebay products have NEVER used the items themselves, and have NO experience with them. they go 100% off what others say, others who also have never tried them either. this goes for body panels, hoods, lights, etc. there are a lot of great products on ebay, and at great prices. the BIGGEST thing with shopping on ebay is to check the sellers feedback (preferebly 96% and up) and their volume of sells (most good sellers are well into the thousands). no seller gets that high of feedback and that many sells by selling faulty products that every buyer has problems with. just my $.02
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

well i ended up getting the bumper from ebay, the fender i think imma go with hawks, it's 250 shipped from gmpartsdirect, and 125 from hawks. and they run about the same on ebay, either way the insurance quoted me at almost 500 for the front bumper, and almost 300 for the fender soooo i'm still well under budget. and i can handle that.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

wow good news with hawks also, they have a camaro they are parting out that should have the other brackets for the headlight and other crap back there, thank you guys for that info, oh and thanks for the input on the aftermarket parts. i just needed that extra "push".