Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Does Any 1 know How to..?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Any 1 know How to..?

Exterior Door Window Sill (guide) (Plastic)...??

Does AnyBody Know How To Remove & INSTALL This Back..? I've had Bad experience on my Last Camaro tryN to remove it.. And Wasent able to leave it back how it fitted B 4 i messed with it.. It seems once You remove it.. it wont fit Nice And Tight again.. Pops-Out.. THANX..!

Does Any 1 know How to..?-window-door-sill.jpg
Old 06-13-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

it snaps in. I had mine off and back on no issue...took me a few hours of messing with it to get it figured out though...
Old 06-13-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the one in my 87 TA slides in and then it is secured by screws( from the inside)
Old 06-17-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've heard the 4th Gen ones are held in with double sided tape. People use butter knives or the smaller metal scrapers.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its held on with clips that squeeze the fiberglass and have little barbs on the inside

the best way to remove is roll the window down, start at the rear of the door and, using both hands, roll it towards the interior of the car. Just roll a few inches at a time and you'll see how the rest of it will come off

to put back on, use some pliers to squeeze the little clips tighter - start closest to the mirror and just push down
Old 06-18-2011, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Swiat34
I've heard the 4th Gen ones are held in with double sided tape. People use butter knives or the smaller metal scrapers.

what..?? Really..?? That would be a good idea though..

I actually Seen "clips" on my last 4th gen.. but cant really put it back the way it originally Fit. Am gonna go ahead and try My best.. What ever time it takes to get her right..

but worst case scenario:
Originally Posted by Swiat34
held in with double sided tape.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Teching In

I had mine pop out for the last year on my firebird, I would get it in thought it was done right, then a week later I'd go to roll my window up and it would pop out, was a huge pain in the ***, if you shut the door too hard it would pop back out. Subscribing in hopes of useful future tips other than the ones already stated, because they didn't work too well.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its best to remove the mirrors as well or you will be more likely to scratch the paint. Remove the mirror, door panel, and it would give you more room. Pull almost straight up on the window trim and it should pop out
Old 06-20-2011, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Odessa620
I had mine pop out for the last year on my firebird, I would get it in thought it was done right, then a week later I'd go to roll my window up and it would pop out, was a huge pain in the ***, if you shut the door too hard it would pop back out. Subscribing in hopes of useful future tips other than the ones already stated, because they didn't work too well.

+2

Originally Posted by Grr
its best to remove the mirrors as well or you will be more likely to scratch the paint. Remove the mirror, door panel, and it would give you more room. Pull almost straight up on the window trim and it should pop out
Thanx Am going to give everything a try.. LoL..

Any More Helpfull tips or advice..? Thanx Evrybody..