Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Should i wait for it to be painted ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i wait for it to be painted ?

My car is sitting in the garage and i'm getting cabin fever, i have two new front fenders and front bumper from rockauto for my '98 camaro. I was wondering if i should wait and have my guy paint the bumper and fenders seperatly or can i install them and will it make it easy for him to still paint my car ? I get my car painted soon! It's going to be the same color (black) someone mentioned something about baking the car after getting painted ? I have no clue about that. I do know that my guy is going to use that flex resin stuff, i hope that will keep my rock auto SS hood from cracking, i figured it would be the same quality as the slp ss hood but i know its not.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:36 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you know if your new body panels are OEM or aftermarket? The reason I ask is I purchased a used OEM fender and a aftermarket Taiwan knock-off for my front end conversion, and the Taiwan fender fit horrible! If yours are aftermarket, you may want to install the front end beforehand just to make sure you don't have to make any adjustments.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Launching!

i'm not sure, i bought them from rock auto. The fenders are only $45 a ea. and the bumper was $100 something.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Launching!

dont know if i should wait or not and idk if its good quality or not, it came from rockauto
Old 03-01-2012, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

test fit, if all is good, take 'em off and scuff the backside/under each panel and have your paint guy 'cut em in'. Then put them back on, align everything, and have the entire car painted at the same time

Quick Reply: Should i wait for it to be painted ?