Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

to pearl or not to pearl

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default to pearl or not to pearl

ok so i have the car in the sig. i have to repaint some of it because i got hail damage. the flames i want to keep because it makes the car stand out from most all others, i know some people dont like flames, but i do. the thing is i am thinking about putting a house of kolors blue pearl on the car. the flames are graphite and fade to blue. my painter said they will almost turn purple with the pearl so the question is do you all thing pearl is cool or not cool on my car with the flames or will it be even more over the top? i will try to get a more recent pic in a few mins. it now sits on chrome c6 z06 wheels and dropped.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its YOUR car, do what YOU want to do
Old 03-01-2012, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

pearl pearl pearl pearl!... heh.. it really makes the lines on these cars pop. but Yes blue pearl does have a purple sheen to it in the "wrong" light. I originally wanted a blue pearl in my mix but decided against it for this reason. you can go with a VERY light mix of pearl to avoid it, but then you also lose the affect. I had blue pearl mixed in with my viper red as I've heard it helps to protect the red from UV fading and it did an EXCELLENT job at this.. that car still glows with a 7 year old paint job now. Point is... blue pearl will have a purple sheen, but you're only going to see it in harsh angle direct sunlight just like stock NBM.. (think 8AM and 6PM in winter-time)

That said.. I like tasteful flames.. if there was such a thing as black pearl (that doesnt cost a mint to have mixed up.. not that my gray/silver pearl was cheap.. but that stuff is insane!) you could bet your @$$ I would have black ghost flames on the nose to accentuate the nostrils and angles even more!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am with him

Quick Reply: to pearl or not to pearl