Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Estimate Help - Minor Quarter Panel Dents and Repainting

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Estimate Help - Minor Quarter Panel Dents and Repainting

Hey guys,

First of all, I'm going to get estimates on this, but I'd like to get your opinions first so I know what I should expect.

This damage actually happened about 6 years ago so I'm paying out of pocket for this, theres no insurance claim involved.

Basically what happened is that at one time my antenna was stuck in the up position. Some punks came along and decided to bend it back and forth until it broke off. In the process, it crumpled my quarter panel in the surrounding area.

Also, I have some other minor paint damage:

One is to my sail area. I don't believe its actually the bubbling issue some have had, it feels smooth to my fingers and doesn't appear to be any bubbling. It looks like the clear coat is just deteriorating from sunlight exposure.

The other is, as you can see in the antenna area pictures, that I had decals (from previous owner) that have etched through the clear coat. I tried to remove them with a blade and with an eraser wheel, and in both cases it had wrecked the clear coat. This is on both quarter panels.

(See attachments)

So what I think I'm looking at is:

- Repair antenna area crumple/dent
- Repaint both quarter panels
- Repaint the sail panel

The front half of the car was painted for another reason several years back and still looks great. Its just the back half is in bad shape.

Do you guys have any idea what I should expect to pay for something like this?
Attached Thumbnails Estimate Help - Minor Quarter Panel Dents and Repainting-theheadfl_qp_damgage_001.jpg   Estimate Help - Minor Quarter Panel Dents and Repainting-theheadfl_qp_damgage_002.jpg   Estimate Help - Minor Quarter Panel Dents and Repainting-theheadfl_qp_damgage_003.jpg   Estimate Help - Minor Quarter Panel Dents and Repainting-theheadfl_qp_damgage_004.jpg  

Quick Reply: Estimate Help - Minor Quarter Panel Dents and Repainting