Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How easy to repair this dent?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool How easy to repair this dent?

I am currently contemplating buying this car since I just had to total mine. I can get this for a steal, but it has a dent on both sides right behind the doors. (circled in red) Also said that the previous owner.. larger guy, stood on the rear bumper and it is now drooping. Is this an easy fix? Just rebend brackets?

Question 1: How easy would this dent be to fix, and is there a way to pop it out, either a dent popper or pushing out from somewhere on the inside.. sail panel speaker area or somewhere..?

Question 2: How would you get dents like this on both sides of the car? Owners told me the previous owner said it was caused by the body flexing from the power... uggh.... yeeeaaahh.... any ideas?

Thanks Guys!

Last edited by tmurph01; 07-20-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well as far as taking out the dent, it shouldnt be too hard with a weld-on dent removal system but if it's on both sides and the bumper is sagging it could have some pretty bad frame damage so I would look under the car or have someone with experience with body work come with you
Old 07-21-2012, 04:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
Well as far as taking out the dent, it shouldnt be too hard with a weld-on dent removal system but if it's on both sides and the bumper is sagging it could have some pretty bad frame damage so I would look under the car or have someone with experience with body work come with you
what he said...probably has frame damage. I suspect this car got rear ended and saying someone stood on top of the bumper is B.S.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He gave you a BS story, car had to be rear ended to get those two dents and the bumper sagging, keep looking and I'm sure you'll find something better. Patience is the key
Old 07-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input guys. This is what I was thinking. I am passing on this one and am instead traveling 3 hours away this Wednesday to look at a 2001 Z28 in mint condition for only $7,000... hopefully I will be back in the game by next weekend...

Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck!

Quick Reply: How easy to repair this dent?