Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

wrecked my firehawk....

Old 11-17-2013, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrecked my firehawk....

Well today I was at a intersection making a right hand turn with a Nissan Armada in front of me. The Armada pulls out in front of a car and then slams on his brakes to avoid hitting the car. I had my head turned to the left to make sure no more cars were coming so I take off. When i looked in front of me i saw the Armada slam on its brakes, I hit my brakes and felt the ABS pulsating in the pedal, but it was too late. My passenger side of my car was underneath the back of his (his rear was lifted due to slamming on his brakes with so much force). His exhaust tip punched a hole through my bumper...

Im guessing its my fault since I technically rear-ended the guy, but the cop didnt give me a ticket so Im not sure... Well anyways

I need a passenger fender (cracked), a front bumper, passenger headlamp lid, and a hood... BTW I only have liability insurance because I only drive the car maybe a couple times in a month.

I know the hood and bumper will cost an arm and a leg to get being a firehawk and all so here is my question, Are there any really awesome looking hoods for these cars? Now that the hood is ruined Im actually interested in getting a different style hood and also I would be able to use just a regular T/A bumper. The fender I will just buy at a salvage yard. If nothing else I might just put the car up for sale...
Attached Thumbnails wrecked my firehawk....-rsz_wreck.jpg  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That hood looks like it can be fixed but there are several hood options available now. You don't have to specifically look for a "Firehawk" bumper too, you can get a Trans Am bumper and then just trim the top to fit your Firehawk hood (if you choose to fix that hood).
Old 11-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Launching!

you can always go raptor hood like the one I got, it's in a way similar to the firehawk notlike the ws6 hoods that split in 4. or you can go superhawk hood which the nostrils are alot bigger than the raptor nostrils.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

There is a guy over in the Texas Classifieds who is selling a Firehawk roller. Might be something to check out. Push comes to shove you could always buy it for parts and then part out the rest of the car when you take what you need to recoup some of the cost. Good luck with your repairs!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats an easy fix on the hood do you dont need to buy a new one.rest of those parts you can get anywhere
Old 11-19-2013, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That hood is definitely not an easy fix and what it would cost to repair will easily out weigh buying a new hood, if it looks like that on top im sure the underside is all spider cracked, every one of those tiny cracks has to be repaired. I do this eveerrryyyday
Old 11-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by glocklimited9
That hood is definitely not an easy fix and what it would cost to repair will easily out weigh buying a new hood, if it looks like that on top im sure the underside is all spider cracked, every one of those tiny cracks has to be repaired. I do this eveerrryyyday
I second this, that hood can be fixed, but it is by no means an "easy" fix. Personally, because its a firehawk, I would replace parts with another firehawk's parts. But that's just me.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by glocklimited9
i do this everyday as well,from what i see its a simple fix for me.i dont see anything crazy going on there.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

I took it to a body shop today and was told that for $250 they would attempt a fix, but he guaranteed me that it would eventually start to split. Im just going to put the Firehawk on craiglist cheap for a quick sale. Im tired of looking at it.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Snap-On
I took it to a body shop today and was told that for $250 they would attempt a fix, but he guaranteed me that it would eventually start to split. Im just going to put the Firehawk on craiglist cheap for a quick sale. Im tired of looking at it.
I'm sorry but I have to ask why you would want to sell a rare never to be made again Firehawk b/c of a minor accident that did some cosmetic damage?

Not that you may care to hear my opinion but I feel like even if it takes a little while its worth fixing. I wrecked my T/A same spot but way worse and I'm so glad I invested in the repair. I stayed with out my car for over a month but she came back beautiful. I just wouldn't want you to regret it later.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bandit 43
I'm sorry but I have to ask why you would want to sell a rare never to be made again Firehawk b/c of a minor accident that did some cosmetic damage?

Not that you may care to hear my opinion but I feel like even if it takes a little while its worth fixing. I wrecked my T/A same spot but way worse and I'm so glad I invested in the repair. I stayed with out my car for over a month but she came back beautiful. I just wouldn't want you to regret it later.
agreed, fix that car!!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree there's nothign to crazy going on with the hood. I believe from what its worth to be more or less tedious and time consuming. The bumper simple. Headlight simple...Unless you just don't want the car; I don't have any clue why you would let it go.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Sorry guys, your right. I shouldnt sell the car. I just need to be thankful that it wasnt any worse and thank god no one got hurt.

Thanks for the motivation guys! Ill post pics when shes back to being 100% again!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snap-On
Sorry guys, your right. I shouldnt sell the car. I just need to be thankful that it wasnt any worse and thank god no one got hurt.

Thanks for the motivation guys! Ill post pics when shes back to being 100% again!
thats more like it
Old 11-20-2013, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Yea man don't be a fool and let something that nice out of your hands
Old 04-07-2014, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys, been really busy the last 5 months and just now starting to fix the car. Ive been working non-stop and managed to join the Navy, shipping to bootcamp in 2 months!

Anyway update:

Ive decided to sell the Firehawk hood and just buy the Superhawk hood. I should have that in a couple weeks. I picked up a used passenger fender, the headlight lid, and a bumper cover. Everyone with the trans am bumpers wanted an arm and leg for the covers and after 5 months of searching for one... Ive decided to use a formula bumper. I know alot of guys are going to say don't do it! Ive seen a few pics of Trans ams with formula front bumpers and the look has grown on me!

On the bumper cover there are some wholes drilled where there were some ground effects installed. What should I use to fill these holes in?

Also now that I have to get the car repainted.. Does anyone have any pics of some unique and sweet looking color choices on trans ams? I most likely will go back with the stock Navy blue mettalic, but wanted to see what options are out there!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I like the look of my Transformula!
Attached Thumbnails wrecked my firehawk....-dscn2379.jpg   wrecked my firehawk....-dscn2370.jpg  
Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what do you want for the hood?
I would love to have it and whats left of the bumper for a conversion Ive been dreaming of.

I have a mint mint black TA bumper may work out something

PM me is best
Old 04-07-2014, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
I like the look of my Transformula!
This is the car that made me want to go with the formula bumper! Love the look!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wrecked my firehawk....