Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Trans am headlight lid adjustment, what am I missing?

Old 06-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans am headlight lid adjustment, what am I missing?

So I hit a turkey and destroyed my driverside headlight assembly. Bought a very nice used one and put it in. Adjusted it as much as I could and the gaps are pretty close to my passenger side.

My issue is that when the lamp is closed there is an opening between the front lip of the lid and the bumper. I can fit my index finger in there. The rest of the alignment looks good. I've used the 4 Phillips screws and tried to fix it but I'm at the max for the front adjustment.

Any ideas? I've done some reading and it sounds like there are some torx screws under the lid but I thought those were for gap adjustment.

I've attached pics of the passenger side and drivers side.

Trans am headlight lid adjustment, what am I missing?-forumrunner_20140616_222240.png

Trans am headlight lid adjustment, what am I missing?-forumrunner_20140616_222222.png
Old 06-16-2014, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

you might of bent the fender/bumper bracket on that side of the car, which is pulling the bumper down on that side.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
you might of bent the fender/bumper bracket on that side of the car, which is pulling the bumper down on that side.
I had an estimate done at a body shop and the only parts listed were the separate pieces of the headlight assembly.

Where is that bracket located so I can take a look?
Old 06-17-2014, 12:43 AM
TECH Addict

it bolts to the bumper and fender where they meet and runs to the frame rail, I know I need to fix mine from when I bumped a deer a few months back. probably easiest to remove front tire and inner fender liner, should be visible then.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Just an update.

I spent 20 mins last night working on it (hard to get time with a 2.5 year old and a 2 week old). I ended up removing the lid and adjusting the stops that the lid rests on. Needed a torx size 10 to do it. It's not perfect yet but it's definitely Alot better

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trans am headlight lid adjustment, what am I missing?