Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Unibody issues after accident.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Unibody issues after accident.

So my car was tboned a couple of months ago and is still in the body shop trying to get fixed. The damaged body panels have been replaced and painted and it was in for an alignment last week. But since then they called and said it would have to be delayed again due to it needing to go back on the body pulling machine (even though it had already been on there for about 3-4 hours previously).

This kind of worries me, it seems that during the alignment process something wasn't right and they keep having to adjust it. At what point can a car not be "straightened out" anymore and what can/should I look for when picking up the car or driving it afterwards? Anything in specific that will scream something is majorly wrong with the body underneath?
Old 05-19-2015, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any pics of the damage? What was replaced as far as body panels go? Was there floor damage? A pillar damage? Front wheel hit? It's possible for the front end to swing over a bit if the car is hit hard enough in the A pillar, rocker panel area. Check to see if the hood gaps with the fenders look normal and that the hood closes properly. It's not real common to have the car go back on the frame machine, hopefully it's something simple.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't have pics of the actual internal damage, just the ones I took at the accident scene.

Was hit right the driver front wheel/A pillar so front bumper, fender and door were replaced.

I will be checking the panel fit/gaps and that the door and hood open properly, just want to get an idea of anything else to look for at the body and/or when driving.

Quick Reply: Unibody issues after accident.