Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

My PlastiDip Green WS7

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks great , is like to do mine in a matte white cause my paint job is looking it's age
Did you have painting experience ?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I love dipping threads. First off, looks great for a first time dip! I really like that color too.

I've gotten some good experience with the product over the past few years, I dipped my old Ford Raptor light blue. My busa is on it's 5th dip and that's fixing to get peeled for a 6th dip, it's been satin white, electric lime green with pearl, custom color that I call Ice Blue (very light with pearl and TopCoat), Hypershift ZTN with TopCoat and presently Firebelly Orange (think neon). I would post pictures of it all, but I don't want to take away from the OP so I'll add just 1 to show the Hypershift color. The colors and pearls of dip is kind of crazy and the shift changing ones are impressive considering they're used in rubber. I've used the DYC sprayer for every one of mine.

For anyone with shitty paint, dipping is is by far the best solution. While it's not obviously real paint, it's extremely forgiving and self leveling. Honestly, ANYONE can dip! Be aware, it is definitely habit forming.

If you have a little experience actually painting, but still want temporary color check out the DYC's ProLine with AutoFlex clear. It's shot with an actual paint gun, lays on smooth and the clear is like automotive clear in looks and physically as it can be sanded, buffed, compound, waxed, etc. I've never used it but likely will on my Superlite SLC when it's time and as a temporary paint job.

Name:  IMG_3683.jpg
Views: 2407
Size:  123.1 KB
Old 05-01-2017, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Infinite,
How long does the dipped paint job last?
Old 05-02-2017, 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28pat
Infinite,
How long does the dipped paint job last?
To be honest, I'm not sure since I change colors every 5-6 months. I've read it can last 2-3 years. I dipped my Ford Raptor back in July 2014 and it was still on it a year later when I sold it. I did notice it getting a little thin around the graphics though, but likely I just didn't apply enough. Last I talked to the new owner a month ago it is still dipped so he's pushing 3yrs so far.

My bike is neon orange right now and fixing to dip it again due to it fading QUICK. It's only the neon colors that fade though and I knew it would before I dipped it. It's fixing to be Avalanche Grey (new Shelby & Raptor color). I'll probably go 1 step further and dip the wheels neon yellow, just for fun. if it doesn't look good, I'll peel it off.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

where are you buying your dip from ? btw- love the sl-c, following that on gt40s...
Old 05-02-2017, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by merim123
where are you buying your dip from ? btw- love the sl-c, following that on gt40s...
I think it's safe to post it here, from dipyourcar.com. I'd image OP got his from there too.

Thanks, the SLC will likely end up dipped too when it's on the road. I'm 2-3 weeks out from receiving the car, got the LS3 yesterday. finally getting excited about it.

Quick Reply: My PlastiDip Green WS7