Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Please need advice on adjusting 4th gen front bumpers gaps

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 07:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Please need advice on adjusting 4th gen front bumpers gaps

Is there a procedure for bolting down a TAs front bumper cover?

I’m doing or trying to do a front bumper cover on my 99TA there are four bolts on each side 2 underneath the fender 1 die angle and the 1 on top of fender this is where the giant gap is that I’ve sean on many 4th gens.

This is what I did

1.tighten the die angle

2..tighten the 2 fender

3.attempting to close the gap w/ the top fender bolt it looks terrible, the original bumper removed had zero gap.

The pass. Sides gap isn’t quite as large

Any advice on adjusting this cover is appreciated.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

there is a metal tab at the top of the bumper....and a corresponding one on the fender.....there is a U clip on the fender side of the bracket....it takes a 4mm screw.....do you have that ? it ties the top gap together

judging from the amount of gap you have is there any other problems ???
Old 02-26-2019, 05:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I have the tab you speak of and I use a small 1/8” nut & bolt to normally snug the top/front of fender w/ the bumper and yes the bumper has the metal flange builtin all in excellent & straight before removal there wasn’t any gap. I’m sure w/ some loosening and adjusting it will reduce the gap, however I need to move on w/ the door swap.

will adjust bumper later really need a door.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...l#post20054588
Old 03-07-2019, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

got the door on good enought to cruise in. back on the road w/ a kindof swapped door.

now I'm asking please for headlight adjustments seams link the outside needs lowering.

then I'll be asking about the front clip being painted alone w/ the blended door, there are two silver color codes for this car (all firebirds) 9995 for all silver cars except the 1999 it's silver is a tad brighter code 9996 I hope I'm remembering these codes correctly.

anyway I can't tell a differnce in the new bumper I believe this new bumper is a 9995 and my car is you guessed it a 99 which is 9996
I'll use my real camera and take image of front clip.then I'll a please advice since door,front clip mint as well do the sail panel (it's been bubbleing for years but the paint has never cracked and pealed I was actually planning to wrape the sail.Thanks