Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Front bumper/quarter panel clipped; advice?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumper/quarter panel clipped; advice?

In all of my infinite wisdom, was in a hurry to get out the door this morning and snagged someone's bumper pulling into a parking spot.
Any advice on what to do with this? Replace, repair, any idea of the cost? She's just my daily so I'd like her to look as nice as possible, but if she's not mint or if it's a little mismatched for now, I can handle that.

Everything seems alright mechanically (the lights are all functioning and opening and closing, nothing is shifted around), but it's certainly ugly...

Thanks guys.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well anything can be fixed with enough bondo lol. Your gonna want to get a new fender not quarter Hard to tell from pic but bumper looks fixable. Looks like the headlight took a little hit? The right way would be to do a blend. If your not concerned about spot on paint match just have the fender/bumper painted. To be honest a lot of people can’t tell mismatched paint work unless they know what there looking at. Might be a good idea to have the rest of the car buffed/foam padded to try to match the the shine of the new paint work. Cost can vary a lot. Depends on the shop. You can also look for a used fender/bumper in your color. I’d say that would be the cheapest route.

Last edited by ironmikektm525; 04-22-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ironmikektm525
Well anything can be fixed with enough bondo lol. Your gonna want to get a new fender not quarter Hard to tell from pic but bumper looks fixable. Looks like the headlight took a little hit? The right way would be to do a blend. If your not concerned about spot on paint match just have the fender/bumper painted. To be honest a lot of people can’t tell mismatched paint work unless they know what there looking at. Might be a good idea to have the rest of the car buffed/foam padded to try to match the the shine of the new paint work. Cost can vary a lot. Depends on the shop. You can also look for a used fender/bumper in your color. I’d say that would be the cheapest route.
My bad!

The headlight's intact, actually, as far as my doing goes (car's just dirty as all hell thanks to Texas spring); the little chips along the edge have been with me since I got the car.

I'll keep an eye out for a fender, then, and see what I can manage with the bumper. Many thanks!