Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

My poor car....stinkin 16 yr old neighbor hit my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My poor car....stinkin 16 yr old neighbor hit my car

I just found a big damaged area of my car....the rear passenger side quarter panel is scuffed, scraped and down to the primer. The back tire was also rubbed and I know exactly who did it and could only be him....my 16 yr old neighbor who just got his learners permit!!!

He's the only one parked in that spot and he just got this old clunker 2 weeks ago. My car hasnt moved out of my parking spot since last Friday because I've been painting the doors since and wanted to let it cure. The only car that goes in that spot is the 16 yr old's car and just two nights ago he took it out...most of the time it sits out there. On his front bumper is a new scuff from my car with pewter paint. They arent home now so I left a note on the door. His mom is very nice and has seen me out there working since Saturday on the car and knows how particular I am. You should see how this kid parked the car...so ****-eyed and the front tires are turned so hard to the right.

I certainly hope she'll pay for this repair and have him park in her other assigned spot.

I AM SO MAD!!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone ever does that to me I'll prob end up going to jail and never see my car again, because it will become my new goal in life to find them and screw up every nice thing they have. Sorry about your car, I feel for you. I sometimes park on the sidewalk outside my house and 1 day I saw 2 hand prints on the hood of my ws6 like someone fell and broke their fall with the hood of my car. There was no damage but I wanted to personally interrogate every little high schooler that walked by my house that day. No more parking on the sidewalk for me, I don't trust kids.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the reply. People really do truely suck these days dont they? My b/f went over there to deal with them but they arent home. She knows I detail my car alot and can get marks out but she better not even think I'll get this one worked out. If she wont do anything I'll file a police report and call her insurance company. I really cant park my car anywhere else unfortunately...the other spot the owner of the townhouse I rent from is right by a damn playground . We should have some kind of surveillance cameras in our cars so we can catch people that do this sh*t...like the handprints on your car! Rotten kids.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the neighbor lady who I thought was nice just rang my doorbell like a mad woman. I went to the door and she was so irrate that I would accuse her of hitting my car. I tried to get her to calm down and told her I said the son did it. She was just flying off the handle. I told her that the damage wasnt there Monday night before she took the car out. She was like a crazy woman saying she didnt do it. I said then someone came while you were out Monday night, parked in your spot, hit my car in between the time I was painting and going out to the car every 20 minutes then put pewter paint on your bumper??

SHe acted really crazy, cursed and swore at me and said she couldnt believe I would accuse her of hitting my car. Again....my car hasnt moved all week. Her kids car moved Monday night and no other time so why wouldnt anyone think it was them? And how did the pewter paint get on her bumper?

I will take pics in the morning and file a police report. I work half a day so I'll have them meet me here Really sad how people are. I talked to her very calmly and tried to get her to see my point why I would think it was them but she was just so in an uproar she wasnt even listening
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go get her... File that police report for hit and run.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear this. You better get pics and the police out there tonight, as you are just leaving the neighbor time to erase the evidence on their car. Act now, or you might lose out. Seriously..

I had a guy do this to my wife's car one night at 1:30 in the morning(lucky we happened to be awake at the time), and we called the cops right then, to make sure we could get the evidence reported right away, for insurance/legal purposes, in case we had to go to court to recover our loss.

Best of luck with this, and keep us updated. Some people have all the nerve.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will call my insurance company and the sheriff tomorrow morning. I'll also take pics before I go to work. Hopefully I'll get something done about it all. I just cant believe the neighbor would act like some crazy woman over this. I didnt get all upset over her like someone in a looney bin. She said she was the one that drove the car and parked it Monday night. Again it happened only Monday night since that car sits there all the time so its highly unlikely it wasnt her/him.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
I will call my insurance company and the sheriff tomorrow morning. I'll also take pics before I go to work. Hopefully I'll get something done about it all. I just cant believe the neighbor would act like some crazy woman over this. I didnt get all upset over her like someone in a looney bin. She said she was the one that drove the car and parked it Monday night. Again it happened only Monday night since that car sits there all the time so its highly unlikely it wasnt her/him.

Please see my post above yours..

Last edited by Tim Noel; 04-05-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I'm actually afraid of this lady now. I've never seen her act like that. I kept checking and she hasnt gone out there and all her lights are out in the townhouse. I am tempted to go out now and take pics but dont think it will show up very well. Thing is this damage happened Monday night the only night her car left...that was 4 days ago . She said she came back late Monday so she could've tapped my car...not known it due to being tired. Also this lady has done some odd things. People constantly park in the slots around the playground and take either mine or hers. She told me a few weeks ago someone was in her spot and she just went in their car and starting looking around. The owner came out, saw her and they started arguing.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Trunion King

I agree with the guy above. I'd take pictures of the scuffed mark on her car and yours and I wouldn't give any more time for them to cover it up or make the paint disappear. Call the cops ASAP... wait for the cops to arrive and then start taking pictures of the scuff paint on her car.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Michelle, I understand how it must be intimidating right now, after the way she acted, but let the cops fight the battle on your behalf. If you call them out tonight, they can assist you to collect the evidence. Please don't go out by yourself, as she could become violent and try to harm you. Stay safe, and sorry for this bad situation happening to you.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:44 PM
TECH Regular

I can imagine how you must feel. It again happened to me for the 3rd time about a month ago but this was the worst it's ever been. Came back out from class to find my passenger 1/4 panel completely crushed in between the door and the rear wheel and a good sized chunk of the door itself cracked and folded in. Later found out from a classmate that his wife saw a Hummer backing up into it when she was dropping him off. This dumbass came from the row behind my car nonetheless!! I filed a hit & run report with the cops right then but never found out who did it. Luckily my insurance paid for the repairs but I still take a good look at every Hummer I walk by at school to look for my paint! That person deserves to get that same gut wrenching nauseous feeling I got when I found that cave carved in the side of my car.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

I guess the paint on your car miraculously flew into the air and waited for her car to park perfectly back in its place, and then god himself made the paint smear on her bumper. How else could it have gotten there? No teen with a permit could ever screw up parking!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all the replies and kind thoughts...muchly appreciated. Last night I was woken up to yelling and slamming of the doors from them . I'm guessing she knows he did it and thats what they were arguing about. This morning I got the pics..she hadnt touched her car at all and I could clearly see the sparkles from my pewter paint. I took pics and brought the camera here with me but am having trouble getting the card reader driver to install . While I was taking the pics she came out of her house and confronted me...still irrate. I cant get her to see my point that ANYONE would accuse her too because its the only possible scenario. I said would I accuse someone in the playground up there of doing it?? Of course anyone would've done the same. I told her I was calling the sheriff and she said "You go right ahead. I'll tell them the truth and get my lawyer". I told her regardless of anything..even if I hadnt thought it was her I would have to file a report for my insurance. She said she was severely disappointed in me and that I'd accuse her of such a thing and that i should'nt have left a note on the door. I rent out the basement of this townhouse so I wouldnt know when she came home. Tim had to go back to see his kids otherwise he'd been home when all this happened so hence my apprehension to call the cops last night .

This morning I showed her the pewter paint on her bumper and she says its not pewter and isnt my paint...funny i can see the sparkles in it and its pewter/silver color. yeah the paint just flew up there.

Ok got the darn thing to work: I know some may not think its bad but when your car is pretty much kept pristine its bad .

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 04-06-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think if that happened to me, I would've taken things out on their car to make things even if they didn't want to pay. It sucks, it seems like the worst things happen to the nicest people, I hope everything gets resolved and you can get your baby back in shape, I know how much time and effort you've put into your car and it hurts to see something like that happen to something you care so much about and have put so much work into. Hope everything goes in your favor Michelle.

Last edited by MjMaro; 04-06-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Thanks for all the replies and kind thoughts...muchly appreciated. Last night I was woken up to yelling and slamming of the doors from them . I'm guessing she knows he did it and thats what they were arguing about. This morning I got the pics..she hadnt touched her car at all and I could clearly see the sparkles from my pewter paint. I took pics and brought the camera here with me but am having trouble getting the card reader driver to install . While I was taking the pics she came out of her house and confronted me...still irrate. I cant get her to see my point that ANYONE would accuse her too because its the only possible scenario. I said would I accuse someone in the playground up there of doing it?? Of course anyone would've done the same. I told her I was calling the sheriff and she said "You go right ahead. I'll tell them the truth and get my lawyer". I told her regardless of anything..even if I hadnt thought it was her I would have to file a report for my insurance. She said she was severely disappointed in me and that I'd accuse her of such a thing and that i should'nt have left a note on the door. I rent out the basement of this townhouse so I wouldnt know when she came home. Tim had to go back to see his kids otherwise he'd been home when all this happened so hence my apprehension to call the cops last night .

This morning I showed her the pewter paint on her bumper and she says its not pewter and isnt my paint...funny i can see the sparkles in it and its pewter/silver color. yeah the paint just flew up there.

Ok got the darn thing to work: I know some may not think its bad but when your car is pretty much kept pristine its bad .

Michelle, the best evidence is the black bumper scuff from her bumper on your car's paint. How can she explain that away? Hmmmmmmmm......

The cops are gonna love this one, as she and her kid are serious morons if they think they can get away with this. Not sure if they can get her for hit and run, but you should have no problem making her to pay for damages in a court of law. You have all the proof you need right there.

People like this drive me nuts. They have an old piece of crap and don't care what it looks like, and the damage cannot really hurt the image or value of an old junker anymore than it already is, so they don't give a flip either way. The only person who takes a loss or is affected is the one with a nice car. Nail their rumps!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks again for the kind words. Tim you're right...how does she explain the paint on her bumper? She flat out denied it was my paint this morning looking right at it! . She proceeded to tell me that she has marks all over the car and that she also had one on the other bumper. Well its true..the thing looks like someone took a scraper and knife and scraped it all the hell but the thing is the other side of the bumper doesnt have a fresh scuff with pewter paint on it. It is possible she hit my car and didnt realize it. She's an older lady..in her 60's and listens to some christian talk show all the time in her car really loud.

She does have an evil side. When we were working on my car this summer and having all the troubles with the power steering leaking she went and complained to me one day saying I made a mess of the parking lot and her space. She said she didn’t want to park her car (at that time she only had one) anywhere’s near mine for fear of getting all the car. Well we were very careful and didn’t get any power steering fluid on her side. Yes it did get under my car but it didn’t effect her area at all. I found out later that she also complained to the landlord/owner of the townhouse when she stopped by to get the rent check. The landlord told me about it and told Kay to mind her own business and that I did no harm. My landlord btw is a lawyer . She also told me that Kay can be really bad. If she needs/wants something she’s sweet as sugar but when something is awry look out.

BTW...that pitting/dots you see on my fender lip is from when I had my drag radials.

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 04-06-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

That hella sucks what a dumb B*tch!!! I cant believe she denied that she did it......Tkae her down!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Some people just disgust me and derserve to be shot. I bet you she doesn't have insurence and thats one of the reasons she is defending herself like that. Good luck to you, hopefully the cops see right through her.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks again. Just got off the phone with the claims. They are going to have an adjuster come out next week to inspect both vehicles and take measurements etc and match up markings. He said he really does sound like she's to blame. Also the sheriff was here too. He said he could see my pewter paint on her car and looks like her car did the damage. He said she might have not even known she did it...coming home late Monday night and being older her senses are quite up to par. I think she does have insurance since her son just started driving but who knows. She works for a lawyers office in DC also.

I'm going away for the weekend so hopefully she'll leave well enough alone. She wasnt home when the sheriff came so he just talked to her 16 yr old son. I'm sure she'll be boiling when she gets home. She's kinda like a stick of dynamite if something sets her off...one light and she blows...never encountered anyone like that before. Worst case thing happening if they cant prove she did it then they can file this as a uninsured or not known and pay for the repair that way.

Quick Reply: My poor car....stinkin 16 yr old neighbor hit my car