Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

What color to paint my car

Old 06-08-2007, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What color to paint my car

Right now my car is black and im going to repaint it i dunno what color to do at first i was just going to stick with black but now i think im going to change the color i was thinking yellow any opinions

oh yeah its a 93 formula
Old 06-08-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen yellow on a lt1 formula before and it looked pretty good. I'd think the paint scheme through for a while before I actually had it painted. It's a lot of money that gets invested into something like this that can go down the drain if you change your mind later or don't like how it came out.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

98redm6 is right deff be sure you like what you decide on... me personally am not a fan of yellow fbodies at all.... i have an lt1 formula.. and iv been throwing around the ideas for my car... red, blue, pearl white, charcoal gray mettallic... some colors like that i like... maybe even a rich emerald green.... sucks that i already have some red accents tho (wont match green)... anyway... i think medium blues look the best... not the midnight blues i dont like them... what other than yellow were you thinking about...?
Old 06-08-2007, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

i wanted red or white

i just want somthing differnt that no1 has
Old 06-08-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

What about that laser blue the new vettes come out with. i thing that color would look sick
Old 06-08-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well... IMO you cant go wrong with white... but do it like a pearl white or somthing... you can even do white with a blue pearl or another color pearl so it looks white till the sun hits the curves and it glows a diff color... but if your thinking about red.... there is a mazda color out called "velocity red" they use it on mazda 3's and miatas and stuff... by far my fav red... iv used it on my stripes on my hood... its a 3 stage red pearl... it just glistens in the sunlight... its expensive tho... reds in most cases are your most expensive colors... but when you get into pearls and stuff that can get costly too... id go to a shop and look at some color chip books...
Old 06-09-2007, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

well today i went over to a few placed and looked at some colors.. ive found a bunch of differnt reds i like and this amazing yellow. The yellow is really growing on me. Do you think yellow would look dumb?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its only dumb if you think it is man.... colors are funnny... most colors look fine on f-bodies... minus pink and maybe some browns.... i wanted to my car a candy rootbeer color... and people were like OMG NOOOO.... im like i dont think it woiuld that bad hehe... i donno tho... if you like it give it a shot.... get someone to do a photoshop of your car in that color so you can see what it looks like or close to it at least
Old 06-09-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

black with a ss or coul hood a ss spoiler looks awsom
Old 06-10-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like yellow as long as it is a deep yellow. That doesn't neccessarily mean it has to be really dark, just deep.

A real ugly yellow, for example, is the one that came on the late 90's/early 2000's Stangs. Zinc Yellow or whatever it is called - not deep at all.

A badass yellow I've seen is a HOK candy one. A guy in the appearance section painted a bike and then did a bunch of candy flames in different colors - the yellow used is the most gorgeous yellow I have seen. More expensive, but if I were going to paint my car, I'd do it once and do it right.

Search this Thread