LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Parts Classifieds (https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds-134/)
-   -   Built T-56 Swap Kit (https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds/1704963-built-t-56-swap-kit.html)

BlackLS1Bird 02-05-2014 09:35 AM

Built T-56 Swap Kit

5 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. I have decided to go a completely different route with my build since the tuning shop blew up the engine in my sig last summer. So I am going to part out the TA and start looking at Vettes. I want to sell all of my performance parts first and then the body/interior pieces. Although I am posting certain parts at a time, feel free to hit me up about any specific other parts you need and I wil give you a price.

First items up: I have a D&D BA79 T-56 Magnum. It is built to handle 700lb-ft of torque. It has standard GM gearing (I can give you that if you want it). It has all of the typical internal upgrades in a built trans along with the 31 spline output shaft. They used to call it the "chevy viper transmission". It now is just the magnum. It comes with a QuickTime steel bellhousing that is SFI 6.1 approved (will need to be recertified which is typical).

Along with the trans, I have a Monster level 3 clutch with 18lb lightweight billet flywheel, ARP bolts for the clutch, Tick adjustable master and speed bleeder, an MGW F-Body shifter with black ball knob, the "power tower" shifter that came with the trans, the upper console for a 98-99 with 6 speed, the manual pedal setup, BMR cross member with torque arm relocation, and any other bits and pieces required for an A4 to M6 swap.

This was an A4 to M6 swap that I did back in the summer of 2010. All parts have under 3,000 miles on them, 1,000 of which were highway miles while driving my car back from Maine to Virginia when I got home from deployment. All street driving. No hard launches. ZERO track time. All parts were fully functional and had no strange feel or sounds when last driven. Tuning shop claims to have never got the car on the dyno. They claimed that as soon as they started it, the engine blew (snapped #6 rod clean in half). If this is true, then the trans has never even seen a dyno pull. This thing has not been beat on whatsoever. No nitrous hits on this trans. 99% of the miles on it were full exhaust and cold air only.

If you buy all of the items I have listed new in order to do your swap, you will end up spending at least $6,500-$7,000. I know, I did it. I am asking $5,300 and am open to some negotiation on the price, but no low ball offers. This kit has all of the upgrades that anyone with a 6 speed usually ends up doing, all in one package. A new trans like this costs $4,000 on its own. I do not want to ship this but will drive up to 4 hours in any direction from Cincinnati, Ohio to meet someone to make the sale.

If you have any questions or need any additional info or pictures, feel free to PM me or give me a call or text on my cell at 757-831-7479.

BlackLS1Bird 02-06-2014 01:32 PM

Bump. Lots of views. No responses. I know someone needs a good setup. Time to spend those tax returns.

BlackLS1Bird 02-07-2014 11:47 AM

To the top. Someone will get a good setup at a good price.

BlackLS1Bird 02-09-2014 10:23 AM

Sunday bump.

gearhead 69 02-09-2014 02:24 PM

How much for just the trans with the bellhousing and flywheel?

BlackLS1Bird 02-10-2014 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by gearhead 69 (Post 18007848)
How much for just the trans with the bellhousing and flywheel?

I would really like to sell the whole clutch together instead of just the flywheel. Would be extremely hard to sell the rest of the clutch without the flywheel. For the trans, bellhousing, and clutch, I will ask $4000. Are you interested in the hydraulics too or do you have those already?

BlackLS1Bird 02-10-2014 04:45 PM

Back up top. Tons of views, only a couple responses. A lot of tire kickers around here. Any serious people on here?

BlackLS1Bird 02-15-2014 07:45 PM

Saturday bump

aj99 02-16-2014 08:28 AM

bump for ya not to be a dick but 4 grand is alot for a used tranny and a used clutch....most of the time this would bring around 2500 bucks but i feel ya on what it costs brand new nobody ever takes that into consideration....

bigboykilroy 02-16-2014 10:20 AM

I got my A4 to M6 complete swap on here a few months ago for $2500, with exactly everything you have listed except mine came with the stock bell, but your trans looks very clean and the center console looks brand new. I wish you had this up a few months ago would have worked a deal with you. But good luck with the sale for the right price and person it will not last long, free bump for ya.

BlackLS1Bird 02-17-2014 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by bigboykilroy (Post 18023888)
I got my A4 to M6 complete swap on here a few months ago for $2500, with exactly everything you have listed except mine came with the stock bell, but your trans looks very clean and the center console looks brand new. I wish you had this up a few months ago would have worked a deal with you. But good luck with the sale for the right price and person it will not last long, free bump for ya.

If someone gave you a built tranny and upgraded support items for $2500, you got the deal of the century and they took a beating. Honestly, I will keep it before I take $2500. I have had some tire kickers, but nobody serious. That is the only downside to this forum is that everyone is a bunch of bullshitters. They say they are going to do this and that to their car, but there seems to be more talk than action. Congrats on the swap and I appreciate the compliments and the bump.

OHboy97 02-18-2014 06:24 AM

what would you want for the MGW?

BlackLS1Bird 02-18-2014 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by jim1450 (Post 18028076)
These guys crack me up, I took a Fbody T56 to Liberty & cost me almost $2,000 to get it done with the Viper stuff & took them a year to do it.

Exactly. And you already had a core trans. If you bought it completely new and viperized, they are around $4000. Hawks thirdgenparts does stock pullout conversions for about $2200. But then you have to upgrade everything anyways. Someone will get a fantastic deal on this if they decide to buy it. No waiting a year for it.

BlackLS1Bird 02-18-2014 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by OHboy97 (Post 18028346)
what would you want for the MGW?

$150. I am assuming you would pick up just being in preble county and all?

BlackLS1Bird 02-20-2014 08:30 AM

Alright. Clutch and hydraulics are gone and MGW is spoken for. Now about that thransmission and bellhousing. I am sure there is someone here with a stock T-56 that is grinding and needs to be overhauled. Replace your wore out trans and your flimsy stock aluminum bell housing with a nasty D&D unit and Quicktime housing. Power Tower shifter will be included, as well as a BMR cross member. And for you A4 to M6 guys, I still have the entire upper console for a 6 speed car, as well as the pedals for a manual car. Once this sells, I will be posting up my Moser, BMR suspension, nitrous kit, and induction setup. The sooner this sells, the sooner the other parts become available. Asking $3,500 for Trans, bell housing, and cross member.

crazboy99 02-21-2014 10:08 AM

How much for the console?

BlackLS1Bird 02-22-2014 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by crazboy99 (Post 18036124)
How much for the console?

$150 plus shipping.

BlackLS1Bird 02-22-2014 04:53 PM

Most other support piece for the trans are gone. Trying to move the trans, bellhousing, and crossmember now. Asking $3,300. Built tranny with SFI approved steel bell. Heavy Duty crossmember. For those of you buying a complete trans, you will either have to source a core and spend at least another $2000 getting it built plus the bell housing, or buy one already done and ready to bolt in. Open to reasonable offers.

Dark-LS1 02-22-2014 11:09 PM

If the MGW deal falls ill take it off your hands

BlackLS1Bird 02-23-2014 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dark-LS1 (Post 18039757)
If the MGW deal falls ill take it off your hands

Sold the MGW yesterday. Sorry. If you know anyone looking for a great trans, send them my way.