Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Complete Ly6 Engine Swap setup with 4WD 4L80E, PSI Wiring Harness, tons of parts, etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Ly6 Engine Swap setup with 4WD 4L80E, PSI Wiring Harness, tons of parts, etc

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $4500
Location (State): TX
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Hello All,

I have an awesome setup that is ready to go into a heavy duty 4WD vehicle!

This will work with any transfer case that you want to adapt or bolt to the 4wd 4L80E tranny. Advance adapters makes an adapter for just about any case you want to use.

I have already had a VSS ring installed in the tranny to allow you to use a non-GM transfer case, where you can pull the speed sensor from the VSS in the tranny instead of the transfer case.

A list of what all is included:

2010 LY6 6.0L engine in good condition with Rectangle port heads and all accessories

4WD 4L80E rebuilt and upgraded HD transmission (don't settle for a weaksauce 4L60E or a 6L80E)

Brand new PSI Stand alone Wiring Harness (You only have to connect power and ground and plug in the computers and sensors - the harness includes all relays and a great fuse panel)

Brand new LS3 Metal Pedal, LS3 MAF sensor, 100mm MAF housing, E38 ECU, T42 TCU

used truck exhaust manifolds

Brand new HOLLEY ACCESSORY BRACKETS FOR Sanden A/C Compressor (You can't use the low mount LS-style A/C compressor in many of the conversions You want to use this engine in and the stock A/C compressor doesn't work correctly on older cars with an on and off compressor switching system for the clutch)

Brand New Sanden-style HIGH speed A/C Compressor (doesn't require an RPM clutch disengagement at high engine speeds)

New Hughes SFI rated Heavy duty flexplate for 3 bolt torque converters

New Fel Pro Gaskets for Exhaust manifolds, Injectors, valve covers, bolts, etc. Not needed but I am throwing them in anyways!

used clutch fan assembly for better cooling than an electric fan can provide

ENGINE:

2010 LY6 with approximately 60,000 miles. Very clean and in great shape. THIS IS THE ONE WITH THE RECTANGLE PORT HEADS, Casting number 823! This engine Has VVT but not cylinder deactivation! THE VVT (camshaft advance and retard system)makes a lot more torque and HP and doesn't mess up like the cylinder deactivation tends to.

This engine makes an easy 390-400hp with a mild tune on the computer and running LS3 manifolds or headers.

The Engine Ran great, no noises at all, very clean all over. This one has the large 42 lb/hr stock injectors and comes complete with the truck intake, throttle body, etc.

Also included is the stock brackets with a good 140 amp alternator, good power steering pump and...

NEW HOLLEY A/C Bracket Kits (main kit and adapter for Truck pulley setup) and New small Sanden Compressor with a 6 rib pulley. ($600 for the A/C and Holley bracket setup alone)

I am also including already purchased small items like new valve cover gaskets and seal kits for the bolts, along with new Injector O-ring kits (just in case) and new Exhaust gaskets.

I will include Truck manifolds and a Brand new set of Corvette LS3 manifolds that are currently bolted to the heads while the engine is on the stand.

The engine will come with a brand new Hughes SFI rated flexplate to make it easier to adapt to a 3 bolt common torque converter.

Transmission:

2001 4L80E 4X4 transmission with only 65,000 original miles, now it has been completely rebuilt with a new reusable pan gasket set, and it has a professionally installed Transgo HEAVY DUTY shift kit and durability improvement kit installed. It didn't need to be rebuilt, but, while it was taken apart to install a VSS reluctor ring and the heavy duty support snap ring from the transgo kit, we figured why not freshen it up. It didn't need anything practically.

Also, It has the new AC Delco T42 TCU wiring harness installed on the valvebody, along with new AC Delco EPC solenoid, 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 shift solenoids

I have also spent the money on having the VSS reluctor installed, so this transmission can be used with any non-GM transfer case and work perfectly with no other mods necessary.

ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION WIRING AND CONTROL UNITS

I have a complete engine wiring setup from PSI conversions to run the LY6 engine, using the corvette pedal that is included, along with a LS3 MAF sensor (also included). The E38 computer that came with the LY6 is included, and will only require a flash tune to remove VATS, etc.

This Setup from PSI also has the integrated wiring for the T42 TCU (transmission control module) and includes the already tuned T42 TCU from PSI.

This is the only way that You can run a 4L80E behind the LY6 with integrated wiring using a factory-like setup that I have figured out. This was a custom made harness to use the 4L80E.

If You want to buy the parts individually, I have priced it out below:

ENGINE with all brackets and Holley -A/C and accessories listed above : $2400

TRANSMISSION with all parts and items listed and labor performed :$1800

PSI Wiring Harness with vette metal pedal and LS3 MAF and TSP 100mm Maf Housing, T42 ECU and harness, and E38 ECM : $1400

I am now asking $4500 for everything listed. You won't find a better deal out there for a 4wd vehicle swap that is worth a darn. This isn't a tame little 4.8 or 5.3L with 300 hp. This is a bad-azz 6.0L setup that with a cam swap only can push over 450hp at the engine! NOT THE SAME AS AN OLD LQ4 or LQ9. Those were great engines, but the heads were a limitation to larger power numbers. This is a plug and play setup that is ready to go and have fun.

Last edited by WRXINTX; 06-29-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Teching In

bump it up!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Price Dropped to $4800 for everything!!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Teching In

$4700 Price Drop bump!!!
Old 06-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Teching In

bump it
Old 06-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Teching In

bump it up!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Teching In

El bumpo!!!
Old 06-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Teching In

bump again
Old 06-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Price dropped to $4500
Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Teching In

interested in selling the motor separate?
Old 07-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Bumpit up

I have had offers for the engine separately.

Rather sell as a complete package all together

PM me if still interested
Old 07-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Bumpsters!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 09:43 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can buy a low mileage LS3 for $4500..

Quick Reply: Complete Ly6 Engine Swap setup with 4WD 4L80E, PSI Wiring Harness, tons of parts, etc