Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $300
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Brand New
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

SORRY, NO TEXT-
I have an ALL aluminum, 5.3L LS based, engine BLOCK here that is still standard bore, GenIV. Block number is 12569004, and it was originally a 2007 LS4 engine. This is much more than a bare block as I am including the rear cover (W/ bolts), front cover(no bolts), lifter cover(W/ bolts), lifter cup assembly, special cam sprocket bolt, cam retainer(W/bolts), and the whole oil pump/ drive unit with bolts. The main caps are there (missing only the side bolts, which can be bought new for $25). I left the main bearings in the caps , so you could see there was no real reason(damage) this engine was pulled apart. The rods & pistons were used in a different engine. Stroker cranks, and new rod/piston set ups are readily available for this LS engine. This block probably needs to go first oversize, just due to light surface rust on cylinders and to get ring seal. There is NO ridge at top of cylinders, just water stains(clearly shown in pics), although it looks bad in the pics, you cannot even feel them so it will be easily removed. These blocks can be bored out A LOT!. I want $300 for the block, and the parts I mention on it.
**NOTE**-I have the short-snout nose, stock, 3.62 stroke, crankshaft that was in it also. #12552216. The crank is not hurt, but will need to be cut.010/.010(surface rust on a few journals). It has the 58 tooth reluctor wheel. I'll sell the crank cheap IF you buy the block.
**NOTE**-I also have a pair of 862 heads (cathedral port, small combustion chambers) that need complete re-do if interested.
**NOTE**-Sorry,I CANNOT answer all of your LS engine tech or swap questions, so KNOW that you want this, and what you need, before you call please.
**NOTE**- This block alone will save 90 lbs. over your front wheels. These engines are highly desirable for drift car type swaps or sleepers because this particular block/crank set ups can be made several inches shorter than all the others available. End to End distance is real important if installing in some foreign or small American cars.
Sorry, NO TEXT--------------------------------------------

David- phone#- PLEASE READ THE WHOLE AD BEFORE YOU CALL --PLEASE DO NOT TEXT ME.@ 8 5 SIX- 6 9 three- 091eight, -----; PLEASE DO NOT TEXT ME 9am-9pm, IF YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE , please speak clearly , I am a 12 hour shift worker so be patient. -----
--------------------- see what else I have by hitting the-----MORE ADS BY THIS USER ----------------;------------------
LOCATION-Pennsville,N.J. - I'm 5 minutes from the base of Delaware Memorial Bridges.Routes 40,140,130,295 & 95(NJ Tpke.) all converge here in Pennsville so I am easy to find and get to. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LS LSX LSA LS1 LS2 LS3 LS6 Gen4 Gen 4 GEN IV tone 4.8 4.8L 5.3 5.3L 5.7 5.7L 6.0 6.0L litre liter streetrod street rod hot hotrod rat ratrod restomod resto-mod swap repower-re-power sleeper Japanese Chevy Chevrolet GMC relucter race 1/4 1/8 mile drag car truck
Attached Thumbnails CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges-alum.-ls4-3-.jpg   CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges-alum.-ls4-7-.jpg   CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges-alum.-ls4-6-.jpg   CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges-img_0247.jpg   CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges-img_0249.jpg  

CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges-alum.-ls4-2-.jpg   CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges-img_0259.jpg  
Old 11-08-2017, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by crossy
**NOTE**- This block alone will save 90 lbs. over your front wheels. These engines are highly desirable for drift car type swaps or sleepers because this particular block/crank set ups can be made several inches shorter than all the others available. End to End distance is real important if installing in some foreign or small American cars.
The LS4 engine was designed for Transverse mounted Front Drive vehicles and does not have the normal LS style bolt pattern on the bell housing for the rear wheel drive cars and trucks. This is not a good engine for drifting to say the least unless someone wants to find a way to mount a T56 etc...
And I'm pretty sure these engines came with the 243 heads, although I may be mistaken. There are several other differences that I've not listed, too.
I believe you should post this information so that someone doesn't purchase this engine for a particular project not knowing these facts only to find out it won't work for them.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlwnLs1GTO
The LS4 engine was designed for Transverse mounted Front Drive vehicles and does not have the normal LS style bolt pattern on the bell housing for the rear wheel drive cars and trucks. This is not a good engine for drifting to say the least unless someone wants to find a way to mount a T56 etc...
And I'm pretty sure these engines came with the 243 heads, although I may be mistaken. There are several other differences that I've not listed, too.
I believe you should post this information so that someone doesn't purchase this engine for a particular project not knowing these facts only to find out it won't work for them.
What he said
Old 11-12-2017, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

+1 This will not mount to any rwd trans worth mentioning and has no provision to mount a starter. The car this came in has the starter on the bellhousing. Also, the bolt pattern on the crank is NOT an lsx pattern. So as long as you don't need to be able to start the engine this will mount to a 2000 v6 f body 4l60e

Quick Reply: CHEVY LSx ENGINE BLOCK, ALL Aluminum. - (So. NJ, near Del Mem Bridges