Notices

NEED LS6 Intake, Either Shipped FAST or in OHIO

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED LS6 Intake, Either Shipped FAST or in OHIO

In need of an LS6 intake quickly, Just got ripped off by a forum member so my time is ticking on getting one...So If im buying from you I need your full contact info., Would like fast shipping or in OHIO for pickup or delivery..

-Tom
866-236-5031
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

You need one with or without the EGR provisions?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:23 AM

I actually was under the influence that if it was a true LS6 intake it didnt have the EGR hole..
Can someone explain this to me so I get the right thing..What years had what...All that good stuff
-Tom
Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

You can order a LS6 intake with EGR provisions for use on earlier models that still use it.

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=177

The high performance LS-6 Intake Manifold is now available from SLP featuring an EGR modification which enables the use of the vehicles stock EGR system. The new intake's increased plenum volume and massaged runner design results in an impressive gain of up to 15 hp at the rear wheels providing improved 0-60 and ¼ mile acceleration. After installation, the new LS-6 intake manifold looks nearly indistinguishable from the original LS-1 intake manifold making it a direct bolt-on replacement. This manifold package includes all necessary parts, hardware, detailed instructions.
If I remember right the 2001-2002 cars DO NOT have EGR from the factory. Most people on 2000 and older cars get rid of it too when they upgrade but a few of us keep it to stay emissions compliant. That's what I did until my latest upgrades and then I removed it too.

Last edited by -1SLOWSS; 04-30-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:37 AM

Good info there, thanks.

So a LS6 FACTORY intake never came with EGR right? You can order one to work with the EGR if you are installing it on a car that originally had it, but no car came with LS6 intake AND EGR from the factory? Just trying to be positive, I bet my boss lunch on this.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry man,

I don't know enough to answer that question with certainty. LOL I would think that you are right since SLP had to "modify" the LS6 intake to accept the EGR provisions. But I have no facts to back it up. Good luck on your bet LOL
Old 04-30-2009, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by pick-a-part
Good info there, thanks.

So a LS6 FACTORY intake never came with EGR right? You can order one to work with the EGR if you are installing it on a car that originally had it, but no car came with LS6 intake AND EGR from the factory? Just trying to be positive, I bet my boss lunch on this.
Yes ,the LS6 manifold never had EGR from the factory. Only the intakes that have been modified have the EGR provision.
Josh
Old 05-01-2009, 06:56 AM

Thanks for the tech help guys, nice to have instant response on questions! If you all need anything just shoot a PM. Thanks
-Tom

Quick Reply: NEED LS6 Intake, Either Shipped FAST or in OHIO