Notices

LT-1 M6 -> LT-1 A4 swap... Looking to swap parts for parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT-1 M6 -> LT-1 A4 swap... Looking to swap parts for parts

Here is my proposal... I am looking for someone willing to swap their LT-1 4l60e for my LT-1 t-56. The idea is that we can both simply swap set-up for set-up. Cash may be requested dependent on the parts, but for the right set-up it will be simply an exchange of units. I would prefer someone local in the Central Florida area as this would make the process simple and would allow us to view the transmissions still working inside the vehicles. My vehicle is a ’95 camaro, so the more similar your car in year and make, the better. The transmission must be recently rebuilt through a reputable builder (i.e. performabuilt, FLT, etc.) with paperwork/receipts and come with all necessary exterior and interior parts. Stock units will be considered, but they must be factory purchased with the ability to prove actual mileage, as well as still being under warranty that can be transferred to me. The transmission needs to have a working torque converter, stock may suffice buy would prefer a 3000-3800 stall (will consider other numbers), and must be a quality unit (i.e. Vig, Yank, Edge, etc.) with any available paperwork as well. The tranny must have a quality, working transmission cooler with parts to install (unit may be used or new). Any other add-ons that come with the trans is a plus (shift kit, trans brake, aftermarket oil pan or any other goodies). The transmission can be used, as long as the mileage can be proven and is reasonably low, as well as used behind a reasonably tame motor. All other details can be discussed when the time comes.

My transmission was bought from an owner with a ’94 camaro that said it had recently been rebuilt with all necessary parts and some extras (Viper spec 5th and 6th gears and some other small details that I can’t remember). To confirm his claim, I had the Corvette Technician at the dealership I was working at at the time (Courtesy Chevrolet Orlando), go through it. He notified me that it had been rebuilt as all synchros were brand new, as well as other details and parts. I also reviewed the parts myself, but allowed him to do the dis-assembly and reassembly. The seller had provided me with the wrong pedal configuration and hydraulics. Rather than buying used ones, I opted to purchase brand new pedals, slave/master, rubber insulator for the shifter, and other necessary parts. The transmission operates flawlessly and has a solid short shifter and aftermarket black shift ****. The tranny also has an aftermarket clutch that is rated for 500+hp and is a six-puck design. With this being said, although it works flawlessly, I would still suggest the purchase of a new quality clutch that will provide you with a smooth daily-driver feel, though it is completely up to you. I also have the interior rubber separator and shifter cover, but the change/ashtray cover is missing.

This may be a waste of time, but hopefully someone will be interested. On a side note, I am currently unemployed and have no funds whatsoever to put into this exchange. That being said, I have no money for shipping (if necessary) and you must provide ALL necessary parts for install, down to the last nut and bolt. I am located near Orlando/Sanford but am willing to travel to any Central Florida area within reason. Feel free to PM me with any questions. All offers will be considered, please feel free to propose any set-up you have. Regardless of the stipulations I have set, if you have a reasonable offer PLEASE DO NOT hesitate to make a proposal.

Thanks,
Justin.

Last edited by projekt70chevelle; 08-06-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Twenty-two views and no responses??
Old 08-07-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Bump...
Old 08-08-2010, 10:34 AM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll give ya bump....I'd go for it but I only have a stock 4L60 to trade with.....and I'm not in the position to build it and buy a converter right now.....

So free bump and GL!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Bump...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

Morning bump...
Old 08-10-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Alright guys, I got a few different offers. One for a rebuilt th350 and circle D 3800 stall and a fairly new Monster Stage II and 3600 stall 4l60e. I was really hoping to get an offer from someone with a highly reputable ****4l60E**** like Performabuilt or FLT and a 3200-3800 stall from a tried and true company like Circle D, Yank, Edge, or Vig. If I don't get any offers from someone with a set-up that I am specifically looking for then I will have to settle for one of the aforementioned units. Either way, feel free to make an offer if you are interested. Thanks guys.