Notices

Need 3 series torsen T2

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need 3 series torsen T2

I need a torsen T2 or auburn,eaton 3 series LSD only, I have gears, my 2001 WS6 daily driver just busted the side of my Torsen right on the cover where the driver side carrier bearing is pressed on, its cracked from center to all 4 bolts. Or I would buy just the side cover if possible but rather have a unit with less than 140k miles on it, its very worn.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't toss your old one. I'm talking to a shop to make me a replacement. I'm going to have to pay for several of them, so I might be able to get you one.

If this is your daily driver, don't wait for this to get you going, but don't toss your damaged torsen.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t2

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
Don't toss your old one. I'm talking to a shop to make me a replacement. I'm going to have to pay for several of them, so I might be able to get you one.

If this is your daily driver, don't wait for this to get you going, but don't toss your damaged torsen.
Yea I for sure wont toss it, Its just that I HAVE to have my car going by sunday because its my only way to work, I had to sell my DD z71 and my other toys after getting laid off in 09 and have struggled with payments and maintnence on my 01 WS6 since then. I Finally got a welding job again that pays the bills and I can afford small things like window motors,starters etc if they go bad but not a rear end for sure, I had the T56 built and put ls7 clutch kit in b4 the layoff luckily but I have no idea what to do, I have no other way to work, its 40 miles from home and very rural, nobody can take me, I grinded the hairline cracks 1/8" deep and mig welded them where the 4 bolts hold the guts into the carrier, the welding was on the cap or whatever the 4 bolts hold to. I know I need nickel rod to weld cast steel but I had no choice, I heated and cooled it properly but it wont be good I know if I have to put it back in saturday so I can drive to work monday. I really need a 3 series anything that will work, I have access to the s10 open differential I pulled my 4.10's off and I would use that if possible till I have money to fix the rear right.

Quick Reply: Need 3 series torsen T2