Notices

Want a Broken, POS, Throwaway Intake - CHEAP!!

Old 02-17-2016, 07:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Want a Broken, POS, Throwaway Intake - CHEAP!!

I am looking for a piece of crap intake that someone has sitting in the corner ready to throw away. It can be broken, cracked, I don't care. I just need it to be an LS intake, and I need it at a throw-away price (read CHEAP!).
Basically, I need something to practice powder-coating on. I want to ensure I have the kinks worked out before I throw my brand new intake into an oven!! I'm powder-coating everything I can in my engine bay and it would be cool as heck to powder-coat the intake.

Thanks,

Sid
Old 02-17-2016, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Realistically, he only needs a snout or some portion of the intake that has a gasket in it to see how everything reacts to elevated temperature with his system. So if you have a busted intake and want to cut the snout off to send our way, that may work...
Old 02-21-2016, 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

bump..
Old 02-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe Series II 3800 non-supercharged upper intake manifolds are made from the same composite.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

My Series II has an aluminum intake manifold on it. I appreciate the attempt to help though brother!

I am no longer in need of an intake. I actually found an LS3 intake someone was willing to sell me for about half what I paid for mine new. Hopefully the powder coating experiment goes well on the first attempt and I'll be able to later on return the favor and hook someone else up with a nice powder coated LS3 intake!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want a Broken, POS, Throwaway Intake - CHEAP!!