Notices

[Long Fire Story] Trying to find some motavation after the wildfire..

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy [Long Fire Story] Trying to find some motavation after the wildfire..

*TL;DR= October Fires took everything literally except for the clothes on my back and needed help with parts if anyone has any parts for an LS swap please let me know i need all the help i can get im in a hole way over my head and without the help of a great community i may never get the show (not literally) back on the road and i plan to do an indpeth documentation on the process. THanks GUYS!

Hey guys been a lurker on here for awhile now. I had came across a wonderful craigslist deal on a 2001 Mustang GT several years back before they became popular and the new foxbody. For some reason when i was a kid when i saw the body i fell in love with it and i always caught **** from everyone being a ford and being somone who loves motorsports in general ive never really been one to limit myself into one company. I know some people hat mixing up manufacturers but i have no problem rippin an LSX powered mustang but anyways back to the short story.

I had meet n older disabled farmer who had a bright orange GTO that game with an LS 6.0 and had been wrecked after a farm worker stole it and wrecked one night. He needed a **** ton of work done so i told him to give me the engine and i would do the work for him which was taken a 75 percent pay cut but i was alright with it i would have done a good deed and got a good engine so the Karma Points in my eyes were worth it.

My aunt had some consulting work at the dump so they decided hey we will make a little trip out of this so i offered up my spare room like a good nephew and im pretty sure had i not been stocking up on my karma points i wouldnt even be here to have the opportunity to ask for parts. My aunt takes a sleeping pill ( a pretty good one im sure ) and has never had an issue knocking her *** out. For some reason on this night it was extremely windy throughout northern califonria that night and now that im typing this i wonder if thats what kept waking her throughout the night to the point she gets up between 2:3o - 3:00am. At this point frustrated she decideds to get up and go to the kitchen for a bottle of water and noticed a light was lighting up the window and went back to hop in bed and tells my uncle that she saw wierd light and it had a wierd glow and then is snoring instantly. My uncle at first kinda wrote it off as a side affect of these medications is seeing/hearing **** but after writing it off she had said somethign about an orange glow so before he could fall sleep his conscience was eating away at him and after a few minutes he decides he will go check just to satisfy his urges. he walks out the side door and looks out the back deck to the pasture and screams "HOLY ****" runs back inside and tells everyone to get the **** out now FIRE. We were living in an area known as Loma Rica which is rolling hills and dry *** pastures with the occasional tree here and there we are called the foothills i guess.

THis Night we had 65mph SUSTAINED (constant) wind with up to 95nmph gusts and out in the country we dont have major wind breaks to help break that up . From what i have read now that the county is taking the electric company to court over the damages is that whatever caused the spark came from their equipement and with the horrible drought we suffered all year to the point no one was allowed to burn anything for the red flag danger. You combine a **** done of fuel mixed in with up to 95 mph wind is beyond devastation. many homes and lives were lost that night and many had no clue it was even coming there was no warning.

My uncle came back into the house and we literally had No time as when he saw the fire it was jumping the road and was making its way up to the house incredibly fast. That night i had brought my little bully into sleep in the room so he wouldnt be startled if my aunt got up for something in the middle of the night and lucky i had been working on my Liter Bike that day so my helmet and key was sitting on the night stand (2011 Honda CBR1000rr) so i grabbed bully ( hes the newer mini pit style of a french bulldog x pit instead of the oversized english bulldog cross) and literally threw him in my backpack and rode out of the inferno with him on my back and my pajamas and slippers.

The fire took everything. When people say they literally only had time to leave with the clothes on their back and i could never understand how you woudlnt have time. Well now i know they were just trying to make their stories scarier. My house was the only one in the area who made it out alive. had my aunt been able to sleep with her single pill like normal we wouldnt have had a chance to make it out and would have perished like the rest of the people in our area. They found people still cuddled up in bed who they said most likely were killed by the smoke in their sleep so they had no time to wake up and do anything they were killed by the smoke then the fire made sure of it. Me being almost to my thirties i had been saving up to buy a house but i had been renting this property for nearly a decade and was renting to buy this one while saving up to get land and build my own. I had no idea insurance was going to be such a nightmare i forgot their job is to take all the money they can from you and then find every way not to pay you. " Do you have reciepts sir" and then my reply " yes ma'am i had everything neatly organized but my safe was melted in the fire so i no longer have any documents, clothes, or anything anymore" and they are basically trying to tell me i am screwed.

You know your a motorsports fan when i am most depressed at the fact i lost my LS Mustang.. cant even live up to my screen name anymore. HAZMAT finally cleared the land last week and we have had a few chances to really see the extent of damage but anything that might have been salvaged was either stolen as all the tweakers flocked to the areas as we were legally not allowed to return to our land until it was deemed safe by the city or whoever which took what almost 4-5 months? also in this time everything that was covered with ash might have been able to be wiped clean but the rains came in and turned everything to straight muck and ruined everything the fire didnt. I had the engine in and was doing the wiring harness to keep as much of the mustang circuits on the main harness and then see what the minimum for the LS to function would have been.

I found another craigslist add a week ago for a lazer red 5 speed 2002 Mustang GT. I had also found a 2001 Chevy tahoe that was supposed to have a 5.3 but turns out it is the 4.8. IF anyone has any extra parts for a LS or maybe a spare 6.0 block please think of me i am based in northern california but i should be able to pay for shipping from where ever I am currently recieving unemplyment as the shop i was working for burned down as well but i get a couple hundred from that and taxes will be here at the end of the month so taken advantage of this opportunity and now that i have a bunch of extra time i plan to be very active on the boards and i would like to do a nice in depth thread/series starting with both cars from sitting next to eachother to the final outcome of Forced Induction LStang with full credit to the community and those who helped along the way will be more then creddited the entire time of the build. The swap seems to be gaining a lot of traction with the availabilty of the combo and when searching for a how to guide there arent very many options to get ideas let along see the process so i would like to provide one with high quality pictures as well as HD video (4k maybe?) of the process. I konw a lot o people are dealing with their own issues but if anyone can help in anyway you would help somone who sufferes daily and give them some motivation to keep a smile on their face and keep waking up everyday. Thank you guys for taking the time to read this long *** novel..blabbering like this kind of helps as i dont have many people to talk to as I am usually the rock to the family and friends and sometimes thats a lot harder becuase every one turns to me for their strength and so i have to hide my feelings so everyone else can keep on trucking.. and sorry if this seems like a whoa is me feel sorry for me and this and that its not i feel very akward about taking anything from anyone as i was taught that i am still alive and to wish for more then that is wrong. some people had recommended for those go fund me things or whatever but i dont want to seem like a beggar. I dont have much but i can pay for parts here and there so please dont think i am here just to try and get free things but i dont mind eating top ramen for a few weeks to get the love of my life running.. there is nothing like being able to fire up that LS and go for a cruise when it feels like the world is crushing you down and showing back up ready to face the world with a smile from ear to ear. sorry if i sound depressing i hate it and i hate feeling like this even though i should be happy to be alive whats the point in being alive when you have lost everything? sorry for the spelling and probably grammar errors but i dont feel like fixing them i wont lie haha

California fires----> <---------ME

I just wanna be rippin
Old 02-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Fire Pics

my cousins boyfriend works as a volunteer fire fighter in the area and he was able to get a few pictures as they were heading up.

Here is a shot from the driveway still smoking...

Photo from the gate

To the left is where the house USE to be. The fire was so hot that it even cracked the entire foundation so not even the foundation is able to be saved. literally everything is gone. I had a few muscle cars i have been restoring if you look close enough i am pretty sure thats the frame of 69 Firebird i had been working on for the last years. To the left of the tree was the house which ended up being nearly 2000sq foot and when i purchased*rent to own* the property (10 acres) it had the original A-frame house [the room even came down and was about a foot from touching the ground] and over the course of the last decade has been basically torn down to one wall and Me and my uncle redid the entire house to a brand new modern home with 3 bedrooms and it had a 3 car shop that was basically connected to the house (separate but connected with a roof) and that was my fabrication shop that had all my welding shop tools as well as 3 lifts. Did everything on my own so i think that's why its so much more depressing then a cookie cutter house i bought and hired people to fix i literally had blood sweat and tears into the property and had actually planned on retiring and dieing there. they definitively tried to make sure i died there haha!

Here's the leftovers... to bad they were like food and left overs better then when they were fresh and hot!

Quick Reply: [Long Fire Story] Trying to find some motavation after the wildfire..