Notices

WTB complete 9" or 12 bolt w/spool

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB complete 9" or 12 bolt w/spool

Just like the title says looking for a complete rear with 4 channel abs, whether it be a 9" or a 12 bolt as long as it has a full spool not interested in a posi.

Thanks Gilbert
Old 02-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Default 12 Bolt Strange Rear

Originally Posted by blkbeaZ28
Just like the title says looking for a complete rear with 4 channel abs, whether it be a 9" or a 12 bolt as long as it has a full spool not interested in a posi.

Thanks Gilbert
Gilbert,
I have exactly what you are looking for, but you cannot use 4 channel ABS with a spool (no slippage detected on rear wheels will disarm ABS & set multiple codes) trust me, I know. Been there, done that!
This Strange 12b Bolt has the best of everything! H.D. custom 33 spline lightened axles, Richmond 3:73 Pro-gears,Ultra spool(steel),Strange H.D.4130 pinion flange,Ultimate 12 alum. cover W/ axle tube truss kit, wheelie bar brackets, ETC. Ready to run, has never been broken!
I also have 3 other Pro-gear sets available, 4:11,4:33,4:56 1900.00 firm
Price does not include shipping, We are in trenton N.J. 08610
If you would prefer, you can call me at my shop,
Buster's Auto Center
2467 S.Broad St.
Trenton, N.J. 08610
609-888-0300
Pictures available upon request.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

So the rear does not have wither 4 channel or 3 hannel provisions? By saying you have those other gears are you saying you can swap out for any of them? I am intereted in the 4.11's $1900 seems good for a strange unit the shipping will take the sweetness out of the deal though.

Gilbert
Old 02-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Default 12Bolt Strange

So the rear does not have wither 4 channel or 3 hannel provisions? By saying you have those other gears are you saying you can swap out for any of them? I am intereted in the 4.11's $1900 seems good for a strange unit the shipping will take the sweetness out of the deal though.

Gilbert
Gilbert,
As i tried to explain earlier, you cannot use 4 channel ABS with a spool, however if you should decide to run a posi, all you do is use your 10 bolt backing plates & ABS sensors, then you will have to press relucter wheels on the axle shafts and your done!
Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a Drag race set up though.
If you should want one of the other ratios, they are an addtional 150.00 ea.
If you price all this out individually, it comes out to over $4000.00 of parts.
This is the best stuff that money can buy!
Where are you located? If within reason, I will pick-up freight costs over 200.00
Thanks,
Buster-BRracing
Old 02-09-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/272454-lots-stuff-sale-demodding-car.html

This is exactly what you want. And he is located in Texas, so you could probably go pick it up and not have to pay shipping. It's a very high quality rearend. You can thank me later.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by matts22
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272454

This is exactly what you want. And he is located in Texas, so you could probably go pick it up and not have to pay shipping. It's a very high quality rearend. You can thank me later.
Actually we had an agreement of exchanging rears and money at a destination half way between us this past Sunday. I never heard anything from him. I agree with you though, it is just what I am looking for

Gilbert
Old 02-09-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BRracing
Gilbert,
As i tried to explain earlier, you cannot use 4 channel ABS with a spool, however if you should decide to run a posi, all you do is use your 10 bolt backing plates & ABS sensors, then you will have to press relucter wheels on the axle shafts and your done!
Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a Drag race set up though.
If you should want one of the other ratios, they are an addtional 150.00 ea.
If you price all this out individually, it comes out to over $4000.00 of parts.
This is the best stuff that money can buy!
Where are you located? If within reason, I will pick-up freight costs over 200.00
Thanks,
Buster-BRracing
Yes Buster I did read your post however the question was whether it had it or not. I have spoken to people who have problems with it and some who haven't. The fact that I have not owned one is why I would have to agree with you. What I understand is that the pcm monitors the speed of all 4 wheels and if the rear wheels turn at the same speed, which is what a spool will do, and the front wheels vary then it will throw off the abs. The Strange reps will tell you that but the Moser guys don't always agree. What I meant in my post above about the gears is would you be interested in swapping out the 3.73's for the 4.11's?

TTT
I am looking at spending $1500-$2000 depending on what the brand is and what extras it has. Local a big plus and I have cash in hand.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

Default 12 Bolt

Yes Buster I did read your post however the question was whether it had it or not. I have spoken to people who have problems with it and some who haven't. The fact that I have not owned one is why I would have to agree with you. What I understand is that the pcm monitors the speed of all 4 wheels and if the rear wheels turn at the same speed, which is what a spool will do, and the front wheels vary then it will throw off the abs. The Strange reps will tell you that but the Moser guys don't always agree. What I meant in my post above about the gears is would you be interested in swapping out the 3.73's for the 4.11's?

TTT
I am looking at spending $1500-$2000 depending on what the brand is and what extras it has. Local a big plus and I have cash in hand.
Unfortunetely i am not local to you, but if you are serious i will swap out the gear set to which ever you prefer.
Thanks,
Buster
Old 02-10-2005, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BRracing
Unfortunetely i am not local to you, but if you are serious i will swap out the gear set to which ever you prefer.
Thanks,
Buster
If it were $1900 shipped then I wouldn't have much to think about I will kick this around today and let you know either by pm or phone.

Thanks gilbert
Old 02-11-2005, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

No longer looking I bought one minutes ago.

Gilbert