Notices

WTB:Engine swap help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB:Engine swap help

Need a mechanic or shop that can swap my v-6 engine out of my 98 camaro with an LS1 that i have recently purchased
Old 07-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too bad you are so far away or i would do it for you...
Old 07-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

u know the ls1 isnt all u need either bro u need everything fuel tank the whole **** lol the only thing u get to keep is ur brake system and interior
Old 07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Teching In

You dont have to swap your tank. you will have to swap the fuel lines.. you have 2 lines bc the 3.8 is electronic TB and the ls1 is cable. The LS1 uses a 3 line fuel system, and one is a return back to your tank. You also need a new pump assembly or "bucket". My best advice is find one at a dealership and find out what was wrong with it... then replace that one piece.. ex. the actual pump, float, etc... much cheaper.

You will also have to change your pedal assembly for the cables.

You will have to check your year model, but you may/ may not have to change your fans, do you have 2?

Also, when you get it in and try to fire it up, you may have to run a new wire to the injectors on the passenger side.

That covers most of it bro. I kno this stuff bc I did my own swap. I am now converting from a built 4L60E to a T56
Old 07-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Launching!

PMd ya man....
Old 07-14-2008, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FireChicken02
You dont have to swap your tank. you will have to swap the fuel lines.. you have 2 lines bc the 3.8 is electronic TB and the ls1 is cable. The LS1 uses a 3 line fuel system, and one is a return back to your tank. You also need a new pump assembly or "bucket". My best advice is find one at a dealership and find out what was wrong with it... then replace that one piece.. ex. the actual pump, float, etc... much cheaper.

You will also have to change your pedal assembly for the cables.

You will have to check your year model, but you may/ may not have to change your fans, do you have 2?

Also, when you get it in and try to fire it up, you may have to run a new wire to the injectors on the passenger side.

That covers most of it bro. I kno this stuff bc I did my own swap. I am now converting from a built 4L60E to a T56
haha yea i feel ya in that trans swap.

Naw i got a 98' so the v6ers didnt change to electric tb till 99 and up but im still gonna have to buy throttle cable and such.

as far as the tank im just trying to get people with the knowledge to do it cus some say i can make the tank and pump work others say i cant so. . . .

thnx for all the replies gents