Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In Need of megasquirt tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Need of megasquirt tune

Almost finished up putting the new car together and need a megasquirt base map to get it started to check everything out before we hit the dyno next week. Setup as Follows

LQ4 with 02+ Zo6 cam
MSD for the timing
Megasquirt for fuel only
75 pound Low Z injectors
76mm turbo 1.15 AR
A1000 pump Boost reference Reg

Thanks
Matt
Old 12-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Teching In

TTT come on guys i know someone has something
Old 12-13-2008, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

First start here:

http://www.megamanual.com/mtabcon.htm
then here:
http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtune.htm
http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/tune.htm

It is impossible for me, and probibly anyone else to make a program for your setup without being there tuning it for a couple days. Ill try to give you a basic program based off my latest tune for my turbo 5.3. In my tune I do not have a IAC valve, I have the O2 feedback currently dissabled, most importantly I am running high impedience injectors. I will fill out the values to run low-z injectors, but I hihgly recomend gogin over the second link under setting constants, I am pretty sure you can melt a set of low-z injectors if these are wrong

Also, This is using my warm up values which will differ with area. To get it running you may have to peddle the engine for a min or two till it warms up. Also, my accel enrichments values are based off my setup, I would suggest leaving most of it alone, you can change the map and tps threshold to get snappier response(all depends on noise in signals of your setup). My VE table is only setup to run ~12psi or something (can't remember) so if you plan to run more you will have to re-edit all the map bin values there.

Biggest thing I can say is get the req. fuel value dialed in 1st (this value should be close allready) than get the engine idling. You may have to peddle the engine and in the VE table tuning window jack up or lower the table near the idle area till it catches and idles. than you may have to adjust the throttle set screw till you are happy with the idle, than back to VE table, than back to the set screw..... Once it idles happy around 15:1 afr you can continue tuning by 1st dropping the car into gear(if its auto) and repeat idle tuning procedure, but dont touch the set screw just mess around with VE table. the green dot may be off the table, so you can re-edit bin values or just tuning the best you can. ONce it is idling, than you can SLOWLY drive the car with a buddy manning the VE table tuning it, cruse around do some small pulls. Do not go into boost until it drives well.

Dont forget in the megasquirt configurator under your car folder go to the settings.ini and set the code variant to MSII, lamda sensor to whater your using, map sensor (although that should be set allready)

-Before you start he engine setup the tps sensor, IAT sensor, and coolant temp sensor

Please double check the injecter characteristics for low-z injectos
www.msefi.com really good forum there

this tune is based off the embedded code : 2.36.abs and megatune 2.25, stuff from about 3 months ago, not sure if it has beens updated

anyhting regarding ignition type stuff you can ignore in the MS program

UGGHHHH, I can't upload .msq files ?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! heres the file opened with notepad, maybe you can open it and save it as .msq or drop me your email and ill send it that way
Attached Files
File Type: txt
lq4 basic tune.txt (25.2 KB, 500 views)

Quick Reply: In Need of megasquirt tune