Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

~ ASR off by default ~

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ~ ASR off by default ~

Sorry if this is the wrong section. Im sure ppl will complain no matter where I put it.

Anyway, I want to know if there is a way I can change my ASR to be off by default. I dont care if the light is there, just want to have to turn it on - not off.

Btw I do know of the Reversal Module, but Id rather do the wireing by myself.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this is a LS1 F-body I am pretty sure you can go into Engine>Torque Management>TCS Control and zero out those two tables. That should disable the spark retard for traction control (ASR).

Not 100% sure, have not tried it myself. Will be giving it a shot once weather in my neck of the woods gets better. Hopefully someone else chimes in.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

He is wanting to be able to turn it back on I assume as well. The SLP box is the only way. You can't simply run a wire to make this happen unless you are an engineer and had experience with circuits. Just like you must wait for the car to crank, then press the button, the circuit has to do the same thing. If you can't design a circuit to do this, then you my friend cannot "wire this up" yourself.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
He is wanting to be able to turn it back on I assume as well. The SLP box is the only way. You can't simply run a wire to make this happen unless you are an engineer and had experience with circuits. Just like you must wait for the car to crank, then press the button, the circuit has to do the same thing. If you can't design a circuit to do this, then you my friend cannot "wire this up" yourself.
Yes, I want to be able to turn it back on. I just want it off by default, and only turn it on when the rain hits.
I was hoping someone already had done it. I cant seem to find the SLP box. Know where I can get one?

My problem comes from my ASR kicking on in very inconvenient times. When passing, accelerating, or just out of the blue for no reason what so ever.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Are you really losing traction or is the system faulty?
Old 04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here ya go buddy:

http://www.jegs.com/i/SLP/847/63015/...oductId=943361

Quick Reply: ~ ASR off by default ~