Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0200 Code, could use help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0200 Code, could use help

My '01 ls1 is throwing P0200 and it is only running on the drivers side bank. With this being a fuel code I would imagine the passenger side is not getting fuel. BTW, the passenger side primaries are cold and the drivers side are hot, thats the only thing that tells me whats going on there. I cleared the code last night and the car idled for a second today and I thought it was good but shortly after it dropped down to 4cyl's again. It has been missing in and out for a couple days but now it just doesnt run on the one side at all. Any ideas? What would cause that one side to die. I recently put a wet nitrous setup on the car but the only thing I touch computer wise was one wire for the tach signal and it works just fine. Any help would greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I did have the computer out of the car when I did the nitrous controller so i could easily access the wire I needed for the tach signal. I am going to undo the computer again tomorrow and see if that does anything. From what I have read about this code it seems as though it could be pretty much anything. I hate this kind of stuff, oh well I'll figure it out eventually.

Last edited by zx3focus; 03-16-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Any ideas guys?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

My first thought was that my crank sensor wiring was causing the problem. It had been burnt through because I put headers on the car over the winter but I needed to reroute those wires differently, well I waited until they were all melted together. I cut out the section of wire that was burnt and added new wire in its place. Could this have anything to do with the issue i am having? Or is that unrelated as far as the computer knows? I thought maybe the crank position sensor told the injectors when to pulse or something?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Well i tried a friends computer to rule out the computer or tell me if I need a new one. My friends computer make the motor spray on the drivers side, not the passenger. Mine is exactly the opposite. Any ideas what could cause this? I am stumped.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

To the top
Old 03-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check to make sure you have voltage to that side of the injector harness.

Quick Reply: P0200 Code, could use help