Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette LT4 tune vs Camaro LT1 tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vette LT4 tune vs Camaro LT1 tune

i have a 97 Camaro SS. it was a LT1 from factory and i am in the process of converting to a LT4 using ported heads, a ported LT4 intake, and TB. i am also adding a Comp Cam XFi 468 grind camshaft, electric water pump and 39 lb injectors. i am not going to have time to get it properly tuned until after G13 in Atl. would it be safe to run on a stock LT4 Vette tune until i get back (with the changes for t-stat, o2's, !egr, 1a.i.r., and injector sizing)? i will wind up putting approx 600 miles on the car before i can get it on the dyno. i can't find a LT4 Camaro tune to start with (guessing due to their rareness). should i stick with the LT1 tune or use the LT4?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:39 AM
11 Second Club

how about you do your own custom tune?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by coprunr
i have a 97 Camaro SS. it was a LT1 from factory and i am in the process of converting to a LT4 using ported heads, a ported LT4 intake, and TB. i am also adding a Comp Cam XFi 468 grind camshaft, electric water pump and 39 lb injectors. i am not going to have time to get it properly tuned until after G13 in Atl. would it be safe to run on a stock LT4 Vette tune until i get back (with the changes for t-stat, o2's, !egr, 1a.i.r., and injector sizing)? i will wind up putting approx 600 miles on the car before i can get it on the dyno. i can't find a LT4 Camaro tune to start with (guessing due to their rareness). should i stick with the LT1 tune or use the LT4?
The LT1 vs LT4 tunes are close enough that you could drive your car, I would not do any WOT, but I dont know about the 468 specs, This might be the deciding factor as far as drive ability is concerned ....
Old 05-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
The LT1 vs LT4 tunes are close enough that you could drive your car, I would not do any WOT, but I dont know about the 468 specs, This might be the deciding factor as far as drive ability is concerned ....
the 468 is similar to the cc306, but has more lift. i am going to do a custom tune, but i'm not going to have time to do it till i get back.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Just keep a close watch on if it runs rich, check your oil for and smell it to see if it smells like gas, Want to avoid ring wash...

Quick Reply: Vette LT4 tune vs Camaro LT1 tune