Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking about getting hp tuners... whats involved with tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thinking about getting hp tuners... whats involved with tuning

so ive got a turboed 6.0l and its been tuned in 2 bar sd on hp tuners @ 9psi id like to up it to around 13-15 psi and add meth but idont like taking it to a tuner and paying every time. plus if i change anything down the road

i really dont have any tuning expierence...
is it basically just adjusting values to get the a/f where you want it across the rpm range and add/ subtract timing to where it makes good power w/o any knock.

Is it something that if i buy hp tuners i can sit down and learn how to safely tune it myself or is it not user friendly

can load my current tune that on it and go from there...

would i be better off with the standard or the professional... whats the differences?

thanks, Gary
Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hptuners.com

they have a forum dedicatited SPECIFICALY to hptuners. all i can say is if you are asking these questions make VERY minute adjustments and then STUDY what changed and WHY it changed.

HPT has so much stuff you can play with good AND bad.

READ READ READ! I'm gonna buy HPT as well but still havent finnished my own research, and its been about a year.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Just get it. You'll never really understand it until you can actually play with it. Check the classifieds there is usually one for sale. That and a wideband O2 and you'll be set.

HPTuners is really user friendly, not everything will be clear at first. Somethings you may never know about, but the important things are, for the most part, very well documented on how they work.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Just get it. You'll never really understand it until you can actually play with it. Check the classifieds there is usually one for sale. That and a wideband O2 and you'll be set.

HPTuners is really user friendly, not everything will be clear at first. Somethings you may never know about, but the important things are, for the most part, very well documented on how they work.

yea thats what im thinking... i was doing a whole bunch of reading on it a while back before i had my car tuned but i feel like it would be 10 times easier to learn if i had it haha. and ive already got the wideband i just cant seem to bite the bullet for around $700 of software... eventually i will