Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car idling up to 1700rpm when in neutral

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car idling up to 1700rpm when in neutral

car is a 2001 ss 6 speed.. so when the clutch pedel comes up and depresses the clutch switch the car rolling in neutral idles up to 1700rpm if above 25mph after 25mph its idles down normal. so i pulled the clutch switch aside and the car runs fine with out it but then shows SES light. that clutch switch is making the IAC open up to let more air in...

all the grounds have been cleaned and checked but what im thinking is the cruise control still thinks its on above 25mph and cruise control and tcs is all ripped out and i have a none tcs tb cable and the cruise module is taken out with the tcs module behind the battery where all 3 cables go.

any help would be great
Old 07-03-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have not mechanicly changed anything, Throttle not sticking, no vac leaks, Etc.. It's a tuning issue... Your Throttle Cracker needs to be adjusted, also I'll bet you have too much base running airflow, also perhaps your set screw is open too much on your 92mm TB. sounds like your IAC has learned to hardly open at idle but still opens too much above 25mph. These things can be adjusted pretty easily. Good luck.

Clint