Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions before I buy EFI live

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions before I buy EFI live

I just bought a 2004 GTO completely stock. I am about to install Pacesetter LT's, and straight pipes all the way out the back. I am also planning on installing a cold air. The car is a DD.

1. The car idles a little rough. Will it be fairly simple to fix this and tune the car for the mods. that I will be installing?

2. Will I be able to run diagnostics and tune my dad's Duramax with the same tuner? I know that it comes with 2 licenses but my question is if the v2 works for both.

3. What results should I expect for my GTO with the V2.

I am not experienced with this technology. Up until now my experiences with cars have all been carbureted big block chevy's. I am excited to learn though. Thank you so much for your help and I would love to hear some experiences with EFI Live.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would recommend you get a wideband to go with it. You will need this to adjust for desired AFR.

1. If your car is completely stock and idles rough, it is most likely not a tuning issue. You may be able to diagnose it with the scanner but it sounds as though there is an existing problem that is causing this. I would get this resolved before installing headers. It could be plugs/wires, an air leak, an exhaust leak, bad 02 sensors, etc...

2. Most likely yes. Check out supported vehicles here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=100&Itemid=82

3. Power increases vary but with headers and some tuning you should pick up a noticeable gain everywhere.

I use EFI Live and love it. There is a pretty steep learning curve, but like you I had always tuned carburetors and wanted to learn to tune EFI engines. I still have alot to learn but have come a long way. It is amazing to me what all you can do without ever opening the hood. It is very addictive.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Yes, the EFI live V2 worked great on my Duramax back when I had it still.