Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car wont tune for crap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My car wont tune for crap!!!

OK, first thing is. Will having a exhaust leak at your collector where it connect to your Y pipe cause the 02's to not read properly. My tuner has tried tuning my car several times and said my 02's weren't reading. I knew I had older 02's and figured it was time for new ones so I got some new Denso 02's (which alot say are good) and my right 02 keeps reading jacked up. I omed my extenders to make sure there was no resistance and they were good but I do have some little leaks from the POS band clamps I use. He said I need to get the exhaust sealed up cause that is probably why your 02 is not reading right. So for now until I get some true duals Ive been saving for Im just going to weld all the seals and try again...does sound like the leaks are my problem??
Old 08-04-2009, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

how bad is the car running? or is it just that you cant balance your Long/Short fuel trims like you would like?

the more info the better.

ofcourse sealing your leaks will be better than just leaving them, but if your running into major issues, I wouldnt blame the O2's. And does your tuner have a WB 02?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A leak at the collector can totally screw up the tune.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:49 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
A leak at the collector can totally screw up the tune.

For sure!!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do you expect to be able to tune the car when the o2's are reading outside air?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stevied916
how do you expect to be able to tune the car when the o2's are reading outside air?
yeah I hear ya...I mean, its not like a crazy hole in the exhaust but there is a little leak. Right now Im going to just seal like I mentioned and try again.

02_ramair_ta, the car runs so so...cold start ups suck cause it searches for idle real bad and the other main issue I have is say Im backing out of my drive way, stop then go to 1st...the car will search for idle real bad and sometimes stall out, its very annoying.

I dont run my A/C hardly ever but its freakin hot here in AZ right now, with the idle deal its doing right now I cant even turn the A/C on cause it will search bad when I get to a light and stall out.