PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to tuning just got HP tuners!! reading pa area

Old 01-20-2010, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to tuning just got HP tuners!! reading pa area

i just started to get into tuning i am a service tech so i know some stuff about how some sensors work but not everything...im looking to learn alot more and have been reading stickies on hp tuners web site and have learned alot from just reading stuff on the site...i have all ls based vehicles and was just wondering if there is anyone around the reading pa area that is willing to help me out with some good info on tuning maybe get a base idea of what to change after certain mods and what to look at in order to know what to change and how much
Old 01-24-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tuning seems like a daunting task at first, but its not really all that bad. Read as many of the threads in the very top sticky on this PCM board. Try to keep your tuning effort simple at first. Just tune a good idle, then the drivibility (what I mean here is bring the LTFTs into a narrow range; 0% +- 5%). Then finally the WOT AFR near 12.8:1...Read, Read, and read so more. Also, ask very specific quesions here. Dont try to get the worlds answer to the mistery of life. Simply concise questions on each issue you need help on.

Search this Thread