PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leave the Predator tune on PCM for LS6 swap?

Old 03-31-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Leave the Predator tune on PCM for LS6 swap?

I had intended to leave the stock LS1 tune on the PCM while swapping in a new LS6, at least for starting it up and checking it out. It's going to be tuned right away. But I read the LS1 tune runs pretty lean on an LS6, sooo... should I leave the Predator tune on on the PCM for the swap?

It's got to have a lot more fuel, but I don't know what the spark advance and other settings will do on a new LS6. Should I just have the PCM re-flashed with stock LS6 tune after the LS1 is pulled and before running the LS6? I'm trying to save a few hundred bucks, since I'm going to have the LS6 tuned right away anyway.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

...[silence, except for the chirp of crickets]...
Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

how about this....read a copy of the stock tune out of the car, upload it to the Predator, email it to me, and I'll send you a custom tune based on the LS6 tunes in the Predator...
Old 04-02-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, Mike. I've already got it on the Predator (Bios 6.01 and version 2.0). I see the PC Communication option, and I found the cable port on the bottom of the tuner. I'll try and dig up a 9-pin cable for it.

...I guess I will also infer a 'NO' on leaving the LS1 Predator tune on the PCM for the swap.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FUN LS1
Thanks, Mike. I've already got it on the Predator (Bios 6.01 and version 2.0). I see the PC Communication option, and I found the cable port on the bottom of the tuner. I'll try and dig up a 9-pin cable for it.

...I guess I will also infer a 'NO' on leaving the LS1 Predator tune on the PCM for the swap.
You could do it and add some fuel at WOT...
Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
You could do it and add some fuel at WOT...
LOL, I think I'll skip WOT until I get it tuned properly...but thanks for the info.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:26 AM
TECH Resident

When I installed the LS6 H/C on my 01 I was in the same situation and spent some time on the DS forum asking how I could make my u7198 work with the LS1 that became a LS6. I initially thought I could change the VIN to make the predator tune it like a corvette Z06 but all of that was wrong. I inquired about getting a custom tune for the predator but it finally came down to being told to take my car to a CMR tuner. My options were to drive the car to another state, pay $400 for the tune or to buy a tuning suite and try to learn how to do it myself. You've gotten a generous offer that I was willing to pay for. Anyway, I now have a barely used predator to sell.

Search this Thread