Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a decent set of instructions for Dynojet Wideband Commander

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for a decent set of instructions for Dynojet Wideband Commander

Has anyone taken the time to document their Dynojet Wideband Commander install?
The instructions that come with it are enough to get the wideband and gauge working, but
I was hoping to look at a few Fbody installs to get an idea of how others have done it.
Specifically, pics or a write-up from anyone who's cabled the TPS and tachometer would be great.

I'll document my own install when I am done.

I was thinking of bring the wires up either over the trans and though the shifter access or
up the firewall and though where the wiring harness enters the passenger kickpanel.
I'd put the WBC modules under the kick panel so I could get to them later and the gauge (left O2)
would be mounted in a pillar pod, the LED screen (right O2) behind the steering wheel.
It sounds like you can tap directly into the TPS and piggyback on the tach for those signals.
I'd get my 12v switched from a relay just like my EWP. (I have one left over from an old heated O2 coversion kit)

I have no idea what I can use the CAN-link ports for.
It just says "Connects the Wide Band 2 to the network of Dynojet Performance and Diagnostic Modules"

Example of what I am looking for: http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31233

Last edited by James Montigny; 04-10-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 AM
On The Tree

working on doing this install at the moment.

Do you have the wideband 2 or the wideband commander, as the two are different.

Their instructions are not model specific, so need to know what lines to tap into, i.e. knowing the PCM pin-outs is very helpful in this situation.

I will try to take some pics of my wiring, but I will at least explain where I ran them.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 AM
On The Tree

as far as the CAN-link ports this is more for their motorcyle based products such as the power commander V and the their Autotune box. If you piggyback these three to each other on modern sport bikes the tune automatically updates to the desired A/F ratio. its a pretty nice set-up
Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

I have a Wideband 2 with the LCD screen. It was brand new in the box.
I also have a Wideband Commander 1 with an analog gauge. It was used on a bike, but it came with two brand new sensors.
Pretty good package deal

The second wideband was just so I could see both left and right, mostly so I could identify
issues while driving or troubleshooting. I really only need to log from one side.
Having twin gauges would be cool or a single that displayed both. But it's no big deal.

My real goals here were
a) to provide a datalog that I can email to the tuner
b) to have a real-time display of what is going on

This is important both because the entire build is custom (93 car, Lt1 stoker, LSx PCM, aftermarket ignition)
and because I plan to run N20 later.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a decent set of instructions for Dynojet Wideband Commander-wb2.jpg   Looking for a decent set of instructions for Dynojet Wideband Commander-wbc.jpg  
Old 04-11-2011, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

nice package the wideband commander 1 is going to allow you to log and the lcd connected to the wideband 2 will allow you to log also.
The wideband 1 connects through either usb or serial to a laptop and will log through that I believe.
i think the wideband 1 run a little different bosch sensor than the WB2 but that should not make any difference.

Quick Reply: Looking for a decent set of instructions for Dynojet Wideband Commander