Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has had their car tuned by mike at norris motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default who has had their car tuned by mike at norris motorsports

when i was cam (224/581/112) only i had my car tuned by Tim from C&S when they were located in/with norris motorsports. i was probably one of the first 10-15 cars they tuned

at the time i was happy with the tune, but based on the knowledge i have gained i dont think i got all i should of for the $500 price tag. car still throws some air codes, which should have been deleted, idle still surged on start up, car often died with the a/c on. no part throttle drivebility tuning was done. and i only gained 3 hp and lost a ftlb. you could basically overlay the pre and post tuning graphs on each other and not tell the difference

now that i have my heads and a new cam i need tuning in a bad way, timing is all fuggen up as is a/f. i need idle tuning and drivability tuning as well.

my basic question is is mike, or who ever is doing there now, good in their ability?
who has had their car tuned there recently and what is you impression on the job done?
are all the things mentioned above being done now (part throttle mainly)?
overall opinion of the tuning abilities at norris motorsports?

the reason im asking is 1) mike and tim and all those guys were great to deal with, and it is my opinion the they were just new to tuning ls1's and hadnt had alot of experience then. 2) since i already had my car tuned once there, it wouldnt cost me full price to get a retune. 3) im broke and cant afford $5xx for a full new tune somewhere else

thanks for your help, i hope any responses are as detailed as can be

ryan