Sponsored by:

Hp tuners, LC-1 and 2005 cts-v question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hp tuners, LC-1 and 2005 cts-v question

Hi guys,
Im looking to install my headers this upcoming week along with permanently installing the LC-1, an a/f gauge and having that tie into my Hp Tuners.

What is the best way to do this with hptuners? I will assume the HPtuners will kill the battery if left plugged into the obd port permanently, so do you guys just plug it in from time to time when you need it? Then when it isnt installed do you undo the feed from the lc-1 to the hp tuners?

Also I have been doing alot of reading about the following links...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...same-time.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...efilive-2.html

For the first link I assume you would need a controller for each wbo2 you plan to wire up in through the stock harness? Also if you have wire up one wbo2 lets say on the driver side bank to out put the 0-1v signal, would that be a higher resolution output then the stock narrow band sensor and through off the other bank?

also if you wire up the wbo2 through the stock narrow band harness is there a way to get the 0-5v signal to also be read to through the pcm? i would imagine this would negate the need to wire the wbo2 output to the hptuners but still be able to read it through the obd port... what would be the best way to accomplish this?

I know i asked alot but it seems to be 100 different ways people have done what i have asked over the years and its a bit hard to find out what is the best way to go about installing the hardware, any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
Will
Old 08-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im running the lc1, and use it this way, i had a hard time with connections at 1st, but then got it running.. works perfect..
Old 08-14-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you replace the pre or post cat o2 sensors? My setup will be catless i am just wondering which would be better to put the lc-1 into...

Quick Reply: Hp tuners, LC-1 and 2005 cts-v question