PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0352 & P0650 (have already ruled out coil/wire/plug)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0352 & P0650 (have already ruled out coil/wire/plug)

Out of the blue, I leave my car alone for a week and the next time I drive it, it's got a bad misfire. My scan gauge says it has these two DTC's. I looked them up and it says I have a misfire on cylinder 2.

I googled it and it looks like it's typically an intermittant issue. I'm experiencing it in and out also. I checked spark on #2 three times, last time it wasn't showing any spark so I decided to try and switch out the coil pack and plug wire from another cylinder to see if the problem would migrate to another cylinder...it stayed on #2.

So this leads to the wiring. Now my question is, what would be the easiest way to track this down? All four coil packs consolidate into one weather pack on the passenger side. Which pin on that weather pack can I check for voltage while cranking to see if cylinder #2 is firing? I am really hoping it's just the coil bracket mini-harness and not something in the actual engine harness. I suppose an easy way to check would be switching out the passenger side weather pack for the driver side and seeing if the DTC migrates to the driver side of the block. But I'd really like some input.

Quick Reply: P0352 & P0650 (have already ruled out coil/wire/plug)