LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   PCM Diagnostics & Tuning (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/)
-   -   HP Tuners and EFI Tuning book offer (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/1479895-hp-tuners-efi-tuning-book-offer.html)

dan@masportspeedshop 10-24-2011 02:50 PM

HP Tuners and EFI Tuning book offer

As you may have already read on another post, HP Tuners is currently offering 2 additional credits with the purchase of a VCM Suite Pro (GM or Ford) between October 1st, 2011 and December 31st, 2011. Simply submit the proper form (online) with a qualifying proof of purchase, and you'll receive 2 additional credits from HP Tuners.

Our Tuner's Pro Kit includes HP Tuners GM VCM Suite Pro software and our best-selling EFI tuning book, Master EFI Tuner - GM EFI (330 pages!) This kit costs $679.99 and now, with this additional offer from HP Tuners, you're getting a total value of $794.92 for just $679.99 + shipping. That's a savings of over $100 after shipping (continental US only)!! Get 'em while supplies last at the following link...

http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...ter-EFI/Detail

You can only get faster!!!
Cheers,
Dan

NemeSS 02-10-2019 12:37 PM

Old thread i know.
im finally getting into tuning. Is a paper version available. Besides the ebook?

G Atsma 02-10-2019 01:49 PM

I think you might be better off calling them directly.

DFORESI 02-11-2019 10:25 AM

Does anyone have experience with their book? For $20 I would be interested.

Wondering if it covers the GM specifics, not looking for another EFI basics book.

ddnspider 02-11-2019 10:51 AM

I have their eBook. It has some great info in it that Greg B. didn't include in his so between the 2 books and some online help its basically how I learned to tune.

DFORESI 02-11-2019 10:53 AM

Thanks ddnspider!

Okay I'll pick up a copy then.

DFORESI 02-11-2019 03:14 PM

So I just paid for a copy and skimmed it. I haven't had a chance to really dig into it, but from what I can tell it looks like the read deal!

Probably a great resource for anyone to add to their collection.

ddnspider 02-11-2019 03:43 PM

The case studys in the back were the most interesting

JoeRJr 02-11-2019 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by DFORESI (Post 20046032)
So I just paid for a copy and skimmed it. I haven't had a chance to really dig into it, but from what I can tell it looks like the read deal!

Probably a great resource for anyone to add to their collection.

Is it brand specific, or are tuners similar enough for you to translate the material easily?

Joe

ddnspider 02-11-2019 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by JoeRJr (Post 20046126)
Is it brand specific, or are tuners similar enough for you to translate the material easily?

Joe

The book has examples for both HPT and EFI live.

cam 02-12-2019 05:49 AM

I dont use HP nearly enough to blitzkrieg through a tune like I want to. Frustrating to have to read and watch so much its a real time kill for me. A nice simple clean install a cam, longtubes, injectors, LS7 maf etc step by step tune howto done at a fast pace would be very appreciated. Same for auto trans tuning, fast, simple, straightforward. I really enjoyed watching subeone vids he goes quick and covers it well.

ddnspider 02-12-2019 06:39 AM

Nobody is going to make a book of just tuning examples. The examples in Dan Maslic's are about as good as it gets and covers the cam. MAF swap is tuning 101. And Greg Banish book covers injectors and long tubes. Auto trans tuning is more to taste, but there are excel's out there that do most of the work for you.

DFORESI 02-12-2019 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by cam (Post 20046306)
I dont use HP nearly enough to blitzkrieg through a tune like I want to. Frustrating to have to read and watch so much its a real time kill for me. A nice simple clean install a cam, longtubes, injectors, LS7 maf etc step by step tune howto done at a fast pace would be very appreciated. Same for auto trans tuning, fast, simple, straightforward. I really enjoyed watching subeone vids he goes quick and covers it well.

I agree with spider that this is barely possible given the multitude of possibilities for modifications. If you want a step by step, your best bet is probably to contact a company that can give you a rough mail order tune and then clean up the fueling a bit on your own by following a step by step for tuning the MAF and VE table.

Richard Olsen 02-26-2019 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by ddnspider (Post 20045858)
I have their eBook. It has some great info in it that Greg B. didn't include in his so between the 2 books and some online help its basically how I learned to tune.

are you saying that the ebook has more information in it? Asking because I was considering look for a paperback version cuz I like to be able to hold what I’m reading. But would consider for extra info

ddnspider 02-26-2019 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Olsen (Post 20054966)

are you saying that the ebook has more information in it? Asking because I was considering look for a paperback version cuz I like to be able to hold what I’m reading. But would consider for extra info

I don't know if they still offer a paperback. I found the ebook on their site and found it easy to search and I can always print it. I'm sure it's the same info though if you find a paperback.

pdxmotorhead 02-26-2019 04:27 PM

I bought the cheap Kindle to use for this kind of stuff, works well in the shop and you put tin a big ziplock to keep it lean.. :) I'm a hard copy guy too but the Kindle paper white reads well and I can turn the backlight on when under the car..