LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   PCM Diagnostics & Tuning (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/)
-   -   frost tuning on my 05 silverado? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/1506276-frost-tuning-my-05-silverado.html)

stockrock 01-18-2012 10:03 AM

frost tuning on my 05 silverado?

So everything I've heard about frost tuning is good but most threads I read are over a T/A, Camaro, or Corvette. I was wondering if I would get the same results if not better in my 05 2500hd.

ZL1Killa 01-18-2012 11:30 AM

what engine is it? call him and ask.

stockrock 01-18-2012 01:50 PM

its the 6.0 gas, need to open that thing up and was wondering if anyone had experience with that

salemetro 01-18-2012 04:47 PM

Email him. If he can tune NOS,FI, and regular old NA....which he can.....your truck will be a walk in the park for him. He's very prompt and professional and communicates with his customers very well. You'll have no problems.

MUSTANGBRKR02 01-18-2012 05:09 PM

Steve should have no problem getting you taken care of.

I am pretty sure that he lists trucks too on his site.

www.tunedbyfrost.com

JPH 01-18-2012 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by stockrock (Post 15854502)
So everything I've heard about frost tuning is good but most threads I read are over a T/A, Camaro, or Corvette. I was wondering if I would get the same results if not better in my 05 2500hd.

Steve has tuned a handful of trucks for my customers and they ALL run great. :)

salemetro 01-18-2012 06:11 PM

You could also look up edcmat-l1 on this forum. He's had some really positive reviews from people. I'm having him tune one of my vehicles currently, and will post feedback once the car is finished. So far, so good.....but the car is running on a "base tune" currently. I should have more to post in a few days once it's all ironed out.

stockrock 01-18-2012 11:04 PM

yeah I've heard he's real reliable was just wondering how much power his tune would make available, I'm looking to at least smoke the tires through second, which is not even close to happening at this point. I would have emailed him but on the website it said in regards to a pcm tune read first page carefully so I figured I wouldn't bother him and would register for this forum since I use it all the time anyway

salemetro 01-19-2012 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by stockrock (Post 15857698)
I'm looking to at least smoke the tires through second, which is not even close to happening at this point.

You might search around to see what others with your same setup have had for results. Keep in mind that a TYPICAL tune on an un-modded engine will get you somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-40 rwhp....depending on the engine. I'm not saying that you won't be able to reach your goal of "at least smoke the tires through second"....but tire size and rear gears play an important role here as well. Just something to consider. Depending on your current setup, it might be time for some bolt on mods. :confused: